SOLVED Can't Find Avantfax!

G-Man

Reaction score
*Uptime: 2 Days.
*Level: Novice (fast learner though).
*Harware: Dedicated microATX w/Intel Core i3-540 (3.06GHz), 4GB DDR3 RAM, and 500GB HDD.
*Configuration: SOHO using 2-line unlocked Motorola VT2442 ATA for 2 analog phones. Soft FAX (hopefully).
*The Gotcha-Free PBX: Introducing Incredible PBX for Asterisk-GUI (CentOS) using the CentOS-6.6-x86_64-minimal.iso.
*Asterisk Build: Asterisk/11.16.0 Asterisk GUI-version : SVN-branch-2.0-r5220

Problem: No Avantfax icon anywhere to be found in the Incredible PBX web-GUI for me to launch/config faxing. I know I ran the install script per Mundy’s instructions (and only ran it once).

Otherwise everything else is working well as I play and learn my way through this complex PBX world. Any help on the fax would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

G-Man

Reaction score
Found my own solution. For some reason it appears the IncredibleFAX package did not deploy the first time I ran it. I will assume someone more technical than I could explain what failed.

Mundy's instructions say to run the command './incrediblefax11-GUI.sh' after the IncrediblePBX install has completed, which I thought I had done. I know I ran it at some point because I recall entering an email address and then accepting all the default prompts per Mundy's instructions. However, as a novice maybe there was some aspect of the IncrediblePBX deployment that had not completed yet and caused the IncredibleFax deployment to fail.

Thinking it had deployed, I was apprehensive about running the command line (./incrediblefax11-GUI.sh) a second time because Mundy warns against this in his instructions. Regardless, I figured worse case scenario I would wipe the system and start all over, so I risked running the command again and it work. I now have IncredibleFax and did not have to start over. I hope my blunder will help someone else in the future.

Reaction score
I have had a similar problem but still have not found a solution. I've successfully installed IncrediblePBX on my Pi2, but having persistent problems getting the fax application to install. Here is what I get:
root@raspberrypi:~# ./incrediblefax11-GUI.sh
-bash: ./incrediblefax11-GUI.sh: No such file or directory
I'm in the root directory. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Reaction score
I had to play around with the Kennonsoft configuration to get it to work. Heck, I've got FreePBX 12, so it's always wiping out the index_custom.php file and I have to put it back all the time.

Anyway, my welcome/.htindex.cfg file looks like this:
Code:
1,recordings,./recordings,Voicemail & Recordings,ico_recordings.png
1,panel,./panel,Flash Operator Panel,ico_fop.png
1,meetme,./meetme,MeetMe Conference,ico_meetme.png
1,avantfax,./avantfax,Avantfax,ico_fax.png
2,asterimind,./reminders,Telephone Reminders,ico_asterimind.png
2,asteridex,./asteridex4,Nerd Vittles AsteriDex,ico_asteridex.png
2,emailmind,./email-reminders,Email & SMS Reminders,ico_asterimind.png
2,configedit,./maint/configedit/phpconfig.php,Config<br/>Edit,ico_a2badmin.png
2,sysinfo,./maint/sysinfo,System<br/>Information,ico_munin.png
3,a2billing,./A2Billing_UI,A2Billing Administration,ico_a2badmin.png
3,a2customer,./A2BCustomer_UI,A2Billing Customer,ico_a2bcust.png
4,admin,./asterisk-gui.php,Asterisk-GUI Administration,ico_freepbx.png
4,webmin,http://$host:9001/,Linux<br/>Webmin,ico_webmin.png
4,phpmyadmin,./maint/phpMyAdmin/,phpMyAdmin<br/>MySQL Mgmt,ico_crm.png
4,gvoice,./googlevoice,Google Voice<br/>Configuration,ico_phone.png
4,menu,./config.php,Menu Configuration,ico_ksc-menu.png

welcome/.htindex.dat
Code:
users,,http://pbxinaflash.com/rssfeed.xml,false,recordings,panel,meetme,avantfax,asteridex,,asterimind,emailmind,,,,,,,,,

I think that did it for me.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
troycarpenter

A quick tip: You can make the file immutable so it doesn't get overwritten/replaced.

Code:
chattr +i index_custom.php

You'll have to remember to remove the attribute (-i) if you ever want to be able to modify that file later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.