NO JOY Can't Authenticate

DavidBer

Reaction score
I am baffled as to this situation.

I am using PIAF Green @ RentPBX (great support btw!)

I have ~30 Polycom VVX 310s connected. 20 are from our internal network and then I have 10 teleworkers that connect.

Yesterday we had something odd happen. A network jack which was a POS had a short in it. It took out the power supply in our rack mount POE Injector and fried two phones. So today, I was putting new phones in the place of the fried units.

I provisioned the same way I have always done it. The first phone was fine. The second phone will not authenticate. It has that mean X through the phone on the display. At first I thought it was a phone, so I tried another. No dice. Then I thought I would get smart and test with Xlite on a PC. Now I get a more interesting result. I authenticate, but get no audio.

I thought I would get smarter and try another PIAF install, also on RentPBX. I took the Xlite config and had it as a destination for the DID on the 2nd PIAF install. I called it from the first PIAF install, it rang once and then air. The softphone never rang :(

To add injury to insult, the 19 other phones are working fine. Incoming and outgoing calls are working fine.

Any suggestions?

dave

DavidBer

Reaction score
To add more injury to insult. Took a few phones home to test, away from the network that was giving me issues - voila, they worked fine with one catch. End point manager was trying to push a firmware upgrade and after 8 hours I stopped it.

Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.