TUTORIAL Cannot get Callcentric calls to be accepted

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
I am having trouble with my latest PIAF installation. I've set up several other boxes and haven't had this problem before.

I cannot get calls coming in from Callcentric (the only trunk I have at the moment) to work. The calls are logged with Callcentric and the PIAF box recevies the calls, but rejects them with this error.... "Rejecting unknown SIP connection from 204.11.192.164"

I tried turning off iptables and fail2ban (although I simply stopped those services, I don't know if another step is required to "flush" the system or not) and the calls still did not go through.

I've attached a portion of the asterisk log. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PS - I haven't tried outgoing calls yet since I'm trying this with a free DID for incoming calls only.

Attachments

• PIAF-log.txt
    37.4 KB · Views: 8

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like something is wrong with the trunk settings in FreePBX. Would you mind posting the sanitized settings you are using?

Oh and thank you for providing a detailed post with status and logs. :) It is much easier to help you with that stuff. Much appreciated.

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
Originally I was using the default trunk settings from IncrediblePBX when I couldn't get it to work. I thought perhaps it was these settings that were the issue, so I changed them to the suggested settings on the Callcentric site.

context=from-pstn
fromdomain=callcentric.com
fromuser=17772XXXXXX101
host=callcentric.com
insecure=port,invite
secret=SuperSecret
type=peer
defaultuser=17772XXXXXX101
disallowed_methods=UPDATE
directmedia=no

Registration String = 17772XXXXXX101:[email protected]/17772XXXXXX101

There are extra digits in the user names because I'm using an extension off Callcentric. I have done this in the past without any issues.

I should also note that the caller hears ringing on their end, but the call is never picked up on the PIAF side. But I feel the trunk is working because it shows as "Registered" with Callcentric, and the caller doesn't hear a "This call cannot be completed" error.

Thanks for the help!

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Give me about 5 minutes and I will pull my working settings and post them here for you

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Here are my working configs (sanitized of course):
Code:
Trunk Name: callcentric

Peer Details:
type=friend
username=1777XXXXXXX
qualify=yes
context=from-trunk
host=callcentric.com
defaultuser=1777XXXXXXX
secret=ThereWasAPasswordHere
fromuser=1777XXXXXXX
fromdomain=callcentric.com
insecure=port,invite
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
sendrpid=yes
trustrpid=no

No Incoming Settings

Register String: 1777XXXXXXX:[email protected]/1777XXXXXXX
Are those last three digits on your username/number/whateveryouwannacallit actually there? I only ask because mine is like a phone number 1777XXXXXXX without the extra three digits. I've never really paid much attention to the CallCentric control panel, but do they do subaccounts? That would be my other guess, unless they changed the length or something.

voipRookie

Reaction score
I followed post #4 in this thread to get callcentric inbound to work without having to enable "Allow Anonymous SIP" functionality.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FYI: Callcentric uses registered SIP trunks. You should never have to open any ports on your firewall(s) to get registered trunks working in both directions. Callcentric also provides free iNUM DIDs and free iNUM calling worldwide. The syntax for outbound iNUM calls using Callcentric is 011-8835100-XXXX-XXXX or 00-8835100-XXXX-XXXX.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dancosge
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.