SOLVED Cannot access webmin on ec2

chayn123

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to PIAF. I've installed lots of asterisk and webmin instances on ec2.

I've installed the Green/asterisk 11.2.1 version. Thank you so much for the AMI!

I have port 9001 open to me. webmin status shows it is running, but ec2-ip:9001 does not open a webmin screen, it times out and I do not see any webmin link anywhere in PIAF (maybe I missed this?). Where should this be found in the PIAF screens? Maybe this issue is keeping it from being visiable too?

I've turned the menu check box off with no success and also moded the .htindex.cfg from true to false. none of these get me to webmin.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions on this.

Thank you

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I'm not the expert, but I'll toss an answer in anyway.
If you have installed travellin man 3 for your system, you need to make sure that you have that/those ports open to you and that TM3 isn't blocking your access.

If that ain't it, I am out of ideas <g>.

Andrew

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Also try :10000. Something could have been configured wrong.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Also be sure 9001 has been opened in your EC2 security setup.

chayn123

Reaction score
Hi,

Terrific forum. It's very impressive to get so many responses so quickly.

I also thought not seeing the webmin icon could mean it was not running, but I checked before I started this thread and got "Webmin (pid 1889) is running".
I'm still not clear as to where I should be seeing the icon though.

I added port 10000 to the ec2 firewall, but still no webmin. 9001 have been open all along, but same as 10000 no webmin.

!! Success!!

Traveling man 3 is installed... I opened port 83 in the firewall, hit it and now webmin opens on 9001.

I am still not seeing any Webmin icon. What is the "Kennonsoft menu"?
Where should the Webmin icon be seen?

Thank you all,

Claude

chayn123

Reaction score
Thank you for going through the effort of taking and marking up the screenshot. I have the FreePBX Administrator and Menu Configuration icons, but not the Linux Webmin one...

I can reach Webmin on 9001 so I'm good, but wonder where the icon went?

Maybe it will show up as I bump along.

Thank you again,

Claude

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I think I saw this reported before the Great Crash. IIRC it has to do with the Kennonsoft menu's ability to use the $host variable or something like that.

redstonemason

Certified AWS Architect (And a KVM fan!!!)
Reaction score
Just installed Incredible PBIAX under CentOs 6.5.

My Webmin Menu button is dead. It does not take me to the running Webmin perl process on 9001 which I can get directly to thru a browser.

I really like Webmin for one thing - great view of IP Tables !

How do I configure the Menu Button to go to 9001 ?

redstonemason

Reaction score
Very nice. Don't know what the menu wrapper is but disabling it worked. Thanks very much

redstonemason

Reaction score
Just read your link from last summer. Thanks so much. Starting to like this PIAF a lot ! Installed it as a guest on a XEN SERVER baremetal hypervisor (8 core AMD on Asus mobo with a very fast SSD). It screams. The download and compile took less than 45 minutes total starting from a network install of CentOs 6.5.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
_NOBODY_
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.