TIPS Calling France with Anveo Direct

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I'm having a strange issue calling France with Anveo Direct. I have a ticket open with them right now, but they are being less than helpful. For the life of me, I can't get a call to go through. Calls elsewhere (read: USA) work fine, so I don't think it's my trunk setup.

I've tried to call two different numbers, one cell and one landline, and the calls won't go through. Often with France, I've seen providers be picky about whether or not to include the zero following the 33 country code, or a plus sign. Anveo suggested trying with and without zero, and without the plus, but none of the above worked.

With Zero
Code:
-- Called SIP/[email protected]
    -- Got SIP response 480 "Temporarily Unavailable" back from 50.22.101.14:5060
    -- SIP/sbc.anveo.com-000007d8 is circuit-busy
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/1/0)
    -- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:31] NoOp("IAX2/101-1798", "Dial failed for some reason with DIALSTATUS = CONGESTION and HANGUPCAUSE = 19") in new stack
I was originally getting this when dialed with the zero until I blacklisted the route it was going out in the Anveo portal:
Code:
Called SIP/[email protected]
-- Got SIP response 500 "Server Internal Error" back from 50.22.101.14:5060

Without Zero
Code:
-- Called SIP/[email protected]
    -- Got SIP response 503 "Route not found" back from 50.22.101.14:5060
    -- SIP/sbc.anveo.com-000007d9 is circuit-busy
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/1/0)
    -- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:31] NoOp("IAX2/101-6249", "Dial failed for some reason with DIALSTATUS = CONGESTION and HANGUPCAUSE = 34") in new stack
This error makes sense, or at least correlates with their portal. You can run a route simulation to see what carrier the call will go out on through their portal. When I don't use the zero on their portal, I get the same "Route Not Found" error. With the zero, I get a list of potential routes.

Outbound routes appear to be working fine - They are picking up on the 33 prefix and passing the number unmodified to Anveo.

Any other thoughts? I really expected better support from them. At least something more than a one sentence reply saying that the numbers aren't valid.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
They're useless for support unless you pay their premium fees. Fair enough they even say as much.

Do you have a maximum value set on the trunk by chance (charge wise?)

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I do have $0.01 max, but all of the routes returned in the route simulator are way below that.
Just got this from them:
Unfortunately we cannot assist you any further in this case.
I suggest you configure CUSTOM LCR MODEL for your trunk were you manually select carriers and select more carriers.
Which is funny, because that's the model I already have set up. Would post a screenshot, but my computer is being wonky right now.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I'd take the route cost limit off, just for interest sake, and see if it goes through . . .

Reaction score
I had some issues getting international calls to work initially. Was related to the number I was sending to them (confused by the 011 thing) and the proper carrier selection. Would be more helpful to see your outbound route info and trunk config.

Italy calls showed up in their CDR report as +393392428527

Anveo support on my issue....

1/28/2015 12:24:26 PM
by Brian Kelly Despite having two prime routes that handle this Italian number (39 055 4368554)I am receiving: Asterisk CLI: -- Called anveo-italy/011205011390554368554 -- SIP/anveo-italy-095a9270 is circuit-busy Please refund this ticket...thank you.
1/28/2015 12:35:12 PM
by MFonk The calling format is PREFIX COUNTRYCODE PHONENUMBER However, you are sending PREFIX 011 COUNTRYCODE PHONE NUMBER Please remove 011
1/28/2015 1:20:17 PM
by Brian Kelly Hi... I think that should fix it... That particular number still gets a circuit busy but others work. What through me off was that when calling my own Florence DID the extra 011 didn't seem to matter. I mistakenly thought your switch needed the 011 to tell it it was not a domestic call.

MFonk

Reaction score
You were given correct answer in the first reply to your ticket and to dial that number in France you need to omit '0' before area code. So in your case that would be 337XXXXXXXX (not 3307XXXXXXXX).

If you look at the rate deck you will see that the calling rate to 337XXXXXXXX is more than $0.01. You get 'Not Route Found' because you have $0.01 max rate set and thus there are no routes matching your LCR model. Please follow the suggestions offered and increase the max rate cap and dial the number without '0'

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
You were given correct answer in the first reply to your ticket and to dial that number in France you need to omit '0' before area code. So in your case that would be 337XXXXXXXX (not 3307XXXXXXXX).

If you look at the rate deck you will see that the calling rate to 337XXXXXXXX is more than $0.01. You get 'Not Route Found' because you have $0.01 max rate set and thus there are no routes matching your LCR model. Please follow the suggestions offered and increase the max rate cap and dial the number without '0'

Hello there, sounds like you work for Anveo?

Changing the rate limit on my trunk was never suggested by the Anveo team. They suggested dropping the zero, but that didn't work. I'm guessing now because of the rate cap.
Responses:
I have dialled these two phone numbers from my Anveo account. Looks like these phone number are incorrect. Please try dial without "0" after the country code.
-----second-----
I have called to both phone numbers from external line and I got the message "Invalid Number"

I also pointed out in the ticket that the route simulator pulls multiple routes for where the zero is included, thus giving the appearance that the calls are less than $0.01/min. What are those routes that are returned if the only one is more than $0.01/min?
BCulfYBm.png

udljEsOm.png

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I had some issues getting international calls to work initially. Was related to the number I was sending to them (confused by the 011 thing) and the proper carrier selection. Would be more helpful to see your outbound route info and trunk config.

qI7EgTEl.png

6oseOryl.png

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I'd take the route cost limit off, just for interest sake, and see if it goes through . . .

Right on the money. I made a new route from Anveo without the call restriction and it worked the first time. I'm still puzzled why their route simulator returns results with the zero included.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
And the beauty of having multiple providers (namely VoIPms, Anveo, and Vitelity) is that I don't have to use one for a particular call.
Looks like VoIPms wins this battle at $0.0135 - almost half of the Anveo rate. Vitelity loses hard - they're at $0.1089. OUCH!

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Not to thread hijack, but has anyone created a spreadsheet comparing each carrier to each destination? Flowroute appears to be $.038 to 337 France, but $.006 to other French codes. The geek in me would like to see (but not create) that spreadsheet to see the winners and losers.

Flowroute requires E.164 (I think that's the name). I'm terrible at stripping numbers from other people's email signatures and getting the number correct for dialing. I've been using this website: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/dialing.html which allows me to say where I'm dialing from and to and paste in the number provided. The site then kicks out the number I need to dial. Very helpful to the internationally stupid (me).

Andrew

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
There's not a spreadsheet but you can load the rate decks into a2billing and it chooses the cheapest always. However, for most people here the effort involved in doing so (or making such a spreadsheet) far outweighs the time it takes to do it for the savings (ie something that takes 4 hours to do isn't worth $5 a month in savings in my book). . . .

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Spreadsheet for France (made by me)

After looking at Anveo's route simulator some more, it appears that they don't restrict (or check) the number of digits entered into the search. As such, when I entered in the 3307.... with an extra digit, it still thought it was a landline and gave the rates for 3300 phones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.