NEED MORE INFO Callforwards sends wrong CID

turalo

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have a problem on my PIAF, with callforwards.
the setup is very simple.

1. new installed server (clean)

2 extensions

1 outbound trunk (without auth-providers will authenticate on IP and bill on caller ID)

1 default route

------

Now the problem.

____

When extensions make outbound calls to any nuber via provider, then everything works fine.
the calls is authenticated by IP and billed by caller id

but when I use callforwarding like "follow me"or "misc destionations"
then the caller is getting billed.
I mean by that that asterisk sends the caller's caller ID as the caller ID of the forwarded call. while it must send the caller ID of the owner of the forward.

So : Extension A has callforward / followme on, to number X

Extension B calls extension A, then A is unavailable and the call is forwarded to number X

My provider recieves the caller ID of Extension B as the caller ID (instead of A). So if the Extension nuber of B is known by Provider, then the call goes on the bill of Extension B. While it must be on the bill of extension A, cause A have set the forward.
So basicly if the callers ID is not known by provider then the call is terminated of course :))

anybody any idea why this happens ?

thanks in advance.

turalo

Reaction score

most of this info I knew, thanks anyway, but that didnot solve my problems. I think it will not be possible to do what I want.
the problem is I want to use 1 asterisk for many companies, so I need to find a way to separate the calls, sothat I can bill them on next hop on my provider. and all works if I dont use special functions such as callforward / followme's etc... then it gets out of control and it's not billable.

james

Guru
Reaction score
You should build a beefy server and put each company on a VM. FreePBX is not designed as a multi-tennant solution. Asterisk it self could be compartmentalized in this manner but then you end up writing your own dial plans and generally lose the FreePBX Functionality. The correct way to do this is the VM method. This segregates the companies including their data. This is best for you and them in both security and function. One other advantage of the VM thing is you can build your base the way you want it. 1 install then clone the VM for each company.

turalo

Reaction score
You should build a beefy server and put each company on a VM. FreePBX is not designed as a multi-tennant solution. Asterisk it self could be compartmentalized in this manner but then you end up writing your own dial plans and generally lose the FreePBX Functionality. The correct way to do this is the VM method. This segregates the companies including their data. This is best for you and them in both security and function. One other advantage of the VM thing is you can build your base the way you want it. 1 install then clone the VM for each company.

That's my plan, I have a dell with dual xeon quadro and 32gb ram. 6hdd's . so because I still not have a solution I thought to install a vm server, and just make 5-10 vm's on it, I dont have to many companies on that one asterisk. untill there is a better solution to do what I want.

matthew

Guru
Reaction score
James has hit the nail on the head. We do this and it works fine. We have a central VM that connects all the PBXs together, and to the various trunks. Basically, it just acts as a call router. A call from a PBX goes via this VM to get to the rest of the world or other PBXs. We bill from this VM. Just look for calls that connect from the PBX trunk to the external trunks. That way you'll capture forwarded calls as well and you don't have to sweat about who has what DIDs programmed or what is sent etc. It also lets you do cool stuff like giving free calls between your customers, etc, while still showing the call on the bill.

turalo

Reaction score
James has hit the nail on the head. We do this and it works fine. We have a central VM that connects all the PBXs together, and to the various trunks. Basically, it just acts as a call router. A call from a PBX goes via this VM to get to the rest of the world or other PBXs. We bill from this VM. Just look for calls that connect from the PBX trunk to the external trunks. That way you'll capture forwarded calls as well and you don't have to sweat about who has what DIDs programmed or what is sent etc. It also lets you do cool stuff like giving free calls between your customers, etc, while still showing the call on the bill.

I think I will install a vm server, and put there a separate vm for every company, the billing happens on my provider, so as soon as they are on separate servers, the provider will bill per server, so I dont care what kind of traffic will they do, cals or callforwarded calls. it's one company to bill. that will make the problem disappear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.