QUESTION CallerID lookups -- dual sources?

pmosher441

Reaction score
I'm having problems getting Superfecta to work on my Incredible Pi, and I'm trying to develop a work-around so I can have incoming calls checked against 2 databases, so to speak. As detailed in another thread, I cannot get Superfecta to find any results at all from external sources, only from Asterisk Phonebook and Asteridex (internal sources).

I'd like to use both CallerID_Service (I have valid credentials for this) and the Asterisk Phonebook for lookups, so I've specified CallerID_Service as a Caller ID Lookup Source (it doesn't work at all if invoked through Superfecta, works this way). For the inbound route, I've specified both Superfecta (with only Asterisk Phonebook as the source) and this lookup source.

So my question is: does this make any sense as a workaround? Which lookup is executed first if both are defined for the route?

Ideally I'd resolve the error condition (apparently some kind of configuration problem) so I could use Superfecta alone, but I haven't been successful with that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Pauline

pmosher441

Reaction score
Not a supported configuration, but you might get it to work. My one experiment trying to use both CID Lookup and Superfecta is detailed in this post.

I thought I'd report back as to how this is working -- fine, in a word. I don't know where to look to check the generated dialplan code for the dual-look-up configuration I described above in the first post (can someone tell me??), but the behaviour is as follows: If a number is in my Asterisk phone book, it returns that result. If not, it checks CallerID_Service and returns whatever it finds. This is exactly what I wanted.

The 2nd look-up, if it even occurs, does not replace the result from the internal phone book, i.e. I always get the phone book version for numbers found there. (This seems to be contrary to what Igaetz reported in the post he linked to above.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.