Callcentric Setup

mjl5007

Reaction score
I've got a fresh install of PIAF Silver on which I've configured two extensions (IP hardphone and 3CX softphone, both of which register fine and can make calls to each other, as well as to feature codes). I signed up for an IP Freedom account from CallCentric and followed their "FreePBX/trixbox" instructions for configuring the trunk, outbound and inbound routes, and FreePBX is showing the trunk as online and registered as well. Problem is, I can't get even get an outbound call to their test number (17771234567) to work.

Took a look at the Asterisk Debug log through FreePBX and saw that I'm getting the following message:

Code:
[2011-03-21 16:25:14] NOTICE[3258] chan_sip.c: Failed to authenticate on INVITE to '"1771234567" <sip:[email protected]>;tag=as4eecfab8'
So I turned on SIP debugging and tried to make the call; the SIP debug log is attached (couldn't paste because it put me over the 10,000 character post limit).

From the debug log, it looks like Asterisk sends the INVITE, receives the standard '407 Proxy Authentication Required' challenge with the nonce/realm/etc from CallCentric, but then never responds with a second INVITE with the credentials; it just moves on to the next trunk (there aren't any), and the call fails. This is as far as I could debug the problem myself, so I'm hoping someone has an idea of where to look/what to try.

Other details: the PBX is behind a home wireless router with NAT, and I've configured it through FreePBX's Asterisk SIP settings with NAT=yes, externip=MY.PUB.LIC.IP, and local networks 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0, which is correct for my LAN.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• sipdebug.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 4

jmullinix

Guru
Reaction score
Here is my setup for call centric and it works both ways.

Code:
type=friend
username=<you call centric did that starts with 1777>
qualify=yes
context=from-trunk
host=callcentric.com
defaultuser=<you call centric did that starts with 1777>
secret=XXXXXXXXXX
fromuser=<you call centric did that starts with 1777>
fromdomain=callcentric.com
insecure=port,invite
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
sendrpid=yes
trustrpid=no

Registration string:
<you call centric did that starts with 1777>:[email protected]/<you call centric did that starts with 1777>

My CallCentric number is 17772037104. Give me a call if you want to test both ways.

mjl5007

Reaction score
*Sigh*... turns out I was missing this line in my configuration for the trunk:

Code:
username=1777XXXXXXX
Once I added it, everything seems to be working great. Of course, I went back and looked at the example configurations on CallCentric's FreePBX/trixbox page (linked in my original post) and sure enough, that line is shown in the sample config for Asterisk 1.4, and I could've sworn I double- and triple-checked that my configuration matched the sample. Apparently I missed it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucky
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.