SOLVED Callcentric loses registration after a few minutes

virshu

Reaction score
I set up PIAF on Raspberry Pi 2 (I had one for my old Raspberry for awhile and it was working fine; so I didn't expect a lot of surprises). I set up two trunks - for CallWithUs and CallCentric. CWU works fine - both incoming and outgoing. However, CC loses registration after a few minutes.

I tried both default PIAF settings and the ones that come from CC instructions. Right now they are the following:

context=from-pstn
fromdomain=callcentric.com
fromuser=1777...
host=callcentric.com
secret=...
defaultuser=1777...
insecure=port,invite
type=peer
disallowed_methods=UPDATE
directmedia=no
videosupport=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

CC website always shows that 1 extension registered. I also tinkered with NAT settings (I am on a home network; so YES should be a good setting; but I also tried ROUTE, and with registration time settings. Currently it says 60/180/90. But it still doesn't work.
Anything else I am missing. I am not a big expert; but I had CC set up on old PBX, and I don't remember seeing any problems

Reaction score
try adding qualify=yes to your trunk config

do a search on this forum or google for qualify or asterisk qualify. This is a router issue.

virshu

Reaction score
Unfortunately, makes no difference. Interesting, CallWithUs explicitly instructs to use qualify=no. It probably is router problem; but all the settings look right: NAT on; I tried turning on and off port forwarding and triggering (default strangely is off).
I also suspect that my regular phone and PBX might be competing for port 5060...

Reaction score
often it is suggested to try another router before spending to much time on this. Also make sure any SIP ALG options on the router are off. Qualify NO reduces their traffic a bit so that may be why they suggest.

virshu

Reaction score
I downloaded RasPBX, and it seems to be working without any problems. I'll try PIAF again later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.