NO JOY Call recording portal in-line player update?

Pat OBrien

Reaction score
I'm trying to get some call recordings to play using the Voicemail & Recordings portal. It's not working in the latest version of Chrome.

Recording in CDR are working fine though (but I can't manage them (delete, search, etc.)).

Here's the portal:
9WW1Sjs.png

And the CDR inline player (which works):
UM8Jx7h.png

Is it possible to have the Voicemail & Recordings portal updated with the same in-line player? Perhaps a quick javascript file hack to accomplish it?

Thanks!

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
You are trying to play via CDR a 5 second sound clip which most likely is 5 seconds of silence - you say that worked.
I think the file is located at something like /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/701/INBOX/msg0000.wav
If file were a recording from Lenny; The filename saved includes the unique call-id reference eg 1443291325.5 in the CDR and is saved something like /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/2015/09/26/rg-s-anonymous-20150926-191525-1443291325.5.wav the date info 2015 09 and 26 are directories.
I dont think this helps much?

Pat OBrien

Reaction score
The recordings work great, and I know the location of the files, and can download them fine.

It's just the player on the Voicemail & Recordings portal isn't working for me. But the player from CDR is working.

I was just wondering if there's an "upgrade" or something that can be applied to the Voicemail & Recordings portal to have the same web player.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
Yes mine is no better than yours then in the user panel vm. I can play the vm to the phone using the phone icon. It plays .../INBOX/msg0000.slin & silence/2.gsm & vm-repeat.gsm & vm-starmain.gsm
going to 't' then I get vm-goodbye.gsm
exited non-zero.

Funny on my 702 vm I don't get the recording showing in the CDR panel, I presume because 702 is a privacy thing?

I notice in FPBX Module Administration/Admin/>User Panel Stable Schmooze Com Inc GPLv3+ Not Installed (Locally available: 2.11.0.1)
And that requires
>FreePBX ARI Framework 2.11.1.5 Stable Schmooze Com Inc GPLv3+ Disabled; Online upgrade available (12.0.8)
Wondering if that has something to do with it?

Think this needs a reply from a dev.
Regards

SteveC24

Reaction score
Hello Pat,

I was struggling with something similar to this the other day - and hopefully my faffing around can help you!

Since version 42 of Chrome, our friends at Google have decided to block NPAPI addins. The Quicktime Player, which is what is used for the inline player on the PIAF Call Monitor page is just such an addin - and is therefore not supported in Chrome any more.

Until yesterday, I thought that was the end of the story. We use IE here as standard, so it hasn't been a problem. However, I found that Silverlight doesn't work in Chrome any more either - for the same reason.

Amazingly, Microsoft have come up with an answer to enabled NPAPI in Chrome again.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3058254

Essentially, replace the word Silverlight with Quicktime/PIAF in that Knowledgebase, and it should sort it!

Hopefully that helps?

Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.