Call Me Button

Sippy

Reaction score
I am looking for a call me button for a web site that could dial my PIAF and then call the phone number entered. There are buttons available but they all have their own sip service.

Here is a step by step action to take.
1. press button
2. enter phone number to call
3. press submit
4. contact asterisk box and call extension designated to take action.
5. initiate call to party.
6. capture phone number

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Digging back into the dim and distant past in the halcyon days of AAH, Ward wrote something like this.

http://mundy.org/blog/wp-content/callme.txt

But - SECURITY - be careful. You don't want someone launching calls to their high priced NGN number, so be careful, but some checks and balances in to sanitise the number before sending it to a trunk.

Joe

Sippy

Reaction score
Thanks

You guys always have some cool things up your sleeves. I will watch out for the numbers that we call.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Simpler solution is to set up a Google Voice account. There's an included CallMe button for your web site that can be activated.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Google voice more simple - I've seen the posts! For the amount of trouble you've gone to over this, they should be paying you.

I refer you to the fate of oozalum bird!

Joe

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Doesn't Get Much Easier Than This

callwidget.gif

james

Guru
Reaction score
Not documented not tested not sure if it works but here is a general idea of how i would do it in its simplest form. I would encourage someone with the time to broaden and test it. Perhaps it could be a freepbx module of some sort i dunno....

http://pastebin.com/fq6vyigG

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Yikes!

Sorry to disagree but...

If you live in the U.S. or Canada, you'd be certifiably NUTS to expose your web server and Asterisk system to the very real risks that accompany implementation of a do-it-yourself Click2Dial system. Google Voice will give you one, worry about the security headaches, AND pay for all of the calls. What more do you need?

You can't afford the security apparatus that Google has in place to monitor malicious attacks. And they still have issues. So why join them? You're probably not in a position to pay for surreptitious $1,000 phone calls to cruise ships either.

So ask yourself, "What do I gain by doing it myself?" Nothing!

Talk about self-inflicted wounds, this one takes the cake. :smash:

Try our Google Voice Click-To-Dial Demo and see if it doesn't do what you need before you expose your system to all sorts of malicious attacks.

james

Guru
Reaction score
The beauty of what I posted is it does not have to sit on your phone system it can sit on a web server anywhere no need to have one on your PBX nor expose the IP of your PBX I agree having a web facing web server on your pbx is a terrible idea. There are so many ways to securely tunnel this script back to your PBX.

Sorry to disagree but...

If you live in the U.S. or Canada, you'd be certifiably NUTS to expose your web server and Asterisk system to the very real risks that accompany implementation of a do-it-yourself Click2Dial system. Google Voice will give you one, worry about the security headaches, AND pay for all of the calls. What more do you need?

You can't afford the security apparatus that Google has in place to monitor malicious attacks. And they still have issues. So why join them? You're probably not in a position to pay for surreptitious $1,000 phone calls to cruise ships either.

So ask yourself, "What do I gain by doing it myself?" Nothing!

Talk about self-inflicted wounds, this one takes the cake. :smash:

Try our Google Voice Click-To-Dial Demo and see if it doesn't do what you need before you expose your system to all sorts of malicious attacks.

Sippy

Reaction score
What the H___

Uncle Ward is correct. The Google one works great and I already have it working.

justinthetechguy

Reaction score
Perhaps you could use Google Voice. Just point it to your PIAF's number, and you can set up a call me button using Google Voice! And if you have Gizmo5 it will link to your gizmo number too!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.