QUESTION Call forwarding on IVR extension

SolarPup

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an IVR setup with 3 extensions, and one of the extensions is forwarding to a cell phone with follow me. When the option is pressed, the call is forwarded to the cell phone, however when the voicemail picks up, the call gets rerouted back to the IVR. I'd like it to go to the voicemail instead of routing back to the IVR. I'm sure there's a quick fix for this, but this being my first PIAF rodeo, can someone point me to the right direction?

Thanks!

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
On the followme, make sure confirm calls is unchecked.

Also check your system's default ring time -- my guesss is that the ring time is somewhere near 20 seconds which is barely long enough to connect the call and get 2 or 3 rings in before timeout of Default ring time -- Set this to 30 - 60 (1 ring is about 5 seconds) this give the system time to connect the call, have it ring over the number needed for the Cell Carrier to pick up.

To test also try being on the cell phone in question (make sure you disable call waiting on the Cell Side -- check with carrier on how) and have a 2nd person call the IVR and see if it hits the Cell VM after 1 ring (as disabling CW on a Cell should do)

<** When asking for help you REALLY should post SOMETHING about your setup -- Like IPBX13-12 or RasPI Or Asterisk-GUI as different setups have what I said to check in diffierent places. **>

On FreePBX12 for instance "IThink" each extension can have its ring time set independantly as to be able to have internal extensions go to VM faster than external ones (FollowME ones)

You can also see if tthis can be set in FollowME directly when it is used (I am moving/rebuilding mine at the moment so I can't check right now.

Good Luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.