TIPS Bulk extensions not working

sub0

Reaction score
Bulk extensions will not import on stock PIAF GREEN system. Also attempted import of extensions just exported from an identical sample system. No luck. No matter whether add or edit is used.

How to troubleshoot?

Output:

Row 1: Headers parsed.
Row 2: Unrecognized action: the only actions recognized are add, edit, del.

PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.4 under *KVM* │
│ FreePBX Version = 2.11.0.11 │
│ Running Asterisk Version = 11.5.1 │
│ Asterisk Source Version = 11.5.1 │
│ Dahdi Source Version = 2.7.0.1 │
│ Libpri Source Version = 1.4.14 │
│ IP Address = x.x.x.x.x on eth0 │
│ Operating System = CentOS release 6.4 (Final) │

│ Kernel Version = 2.6.32-358.6.2.el6.i686 - 32 Bit

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Did you hand edit the file at all? I've had that problem where it has saved in DOS format instead of something else.

GregKeys

Guru
Reaction score
If you export from one system, you must hand edit and set the action for each to 'add' before you attempt to import. I use bulk extensions on every system I build (green, FreePBX 11, etc).

sub0

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I got it to work.

Working on a Mac, you would think the csv file would be encoded using Line Feed line separators. Excel however, will save them encoded using Carriage Return (classic mac).

kcallis

Reaction score
Ok, I am having the same issue. I received the same error as another poster:

Row 2: Unrecognized action: the only actions recognized are add, edit, del.

I have made sure that I did a dos2unix on the file to make sure that there was no carriage returns, and I manually placed add at the beginning of the file:

add,100,Office,100,,"The New American Lodge"" <XXXXXXXXXX>,25,enabled,0,disabled,,,,,,,,,sip,,,a5f39b72ccf882d86fa5748acd259f5a,,rfc2833,no,from-internal,,,,,,,,,dynamic,friend,no,5060,yes,,,all,gsm&ulaw&g729,SIP/100,,100@device,0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,fixed,,100,Office,disabled,ogg,,,enabled,,,,attach=no,saycid=no,envelope=no,delete=no,,default,,,,checked,checked,,,,,100,,20,ringall,20,99912078777391#-100,0,Ring,,,,0,0,""ext-local,100,dest",,,0,0,disabled,usestate,yes,no,60,udp,no,,generic,generic,dontcare,dontcare,dontcare,dontcare,disabled,10,0,0,,,,,,5222,,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I removed the field headers, which may or may not be causing a problem. Any pointers would be appreciated!

kcallis

Reaction score
As a follow-up... I added back the field names, and although it loaded 2 of the 35 extensions, I got a different error message:

ERROR: this state should not exist

Row 2: Added: 100
Row 3: Added: 101

I tried to see what the differences were between the records, but don't see anything that would stop processing after the 2nd record.

kcallis

Reaction score
Ok, will a little playing around, I was able to get everything loaded in.

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
if you're on a mac and want to clean it up quick, jump in terminal..

vi /folder/filename

inspect for special characters after "add" (it usually kills them during the 'open')
then hit escape,
then type :wq!

that'll save it in a unix-happy format.

sometimes, late at night, when none of my fanboi friends are around, i curse the ghost of Steve Jobs...

tdurick

Reaction score
After having the same issue and trying a variety of methods to easily edit these bulk lists, I found a pretty easy route - Google spreadsheets/drive.

I took a "broken" .csv that was failing with the unrecognized action error and uploaded it into google spreadsheets. I then simply choose File > Download As..> Comma Separated Values (current sheet)

That file was able to upload and process without any issues.

This way you can edit the .csv in an organized spreadsheet interface but don't have any of the compatibility issues that seem to accompany excel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.