FYI Best CallerID Configuration and FOP

deltaend

Reaction score
Back in the day, the Superfetcha had things like Yellowpages, Whitepages, Google, etc... and it seems that the more mature that superfetcha gets, the lower the quality becomes.

I'm not opposed to paying for a quality service, however, I want to exhaust all options first. Is there additional options for Superfetcha that I'm not seeing? What have you guys done to leverage your callerid to the max?

Also, what ever happened to the built-in FOP? I have it on an older version of PBXIAF, but nothing recent actually has the option to install it under the module admin. It's one of those features which I use a lot and losing it kinda hurts. I know that this is usually a FreePBX question, but perhaps you guys know an easy solution for the missing FOP.

Porch

Guru
Reaction score
FOP is going away. FOP2 is way better and free for under 15 buttons, and cheap for more buttons.

deltaend

Reaction score
So then, tell me sir, do they ever plan to re-add FOP2 to FreePBX as a module again or are we going to have to manually install always?

Hyksos

Guru
Reaction score
http://www.fop2.com/documentation.php
http://www.fop2.com/documentation-installation-freepbx-module.php

So there is a module, but if "they" is FreePBX folks, I think the answer is no.
Meaning all that is done and supported by FOP2 folks, not FreePBX.
The official way to do that is more iSymphony.
Not that FreePBX folks will throw you rocks when knowing you use FOP2 but it's not their stuff, and it's not a partner either, like iSymphony is.

So FOP2 stuff and docs is on their website and FreePBX is not supporting it and doesn't consider it a partner.
Still tons of stuff for FreePBX is done by third party and is not officially a partner of FreePBX, doesn't mean it's bad, tons of people use FOP2 but they use the resources on fop2.com and obtain support from there.

Should you expect more from FreePBX relating to FOP2, I think it's fair to say no. You should expect it from FOP2 folks. And a module is already available from them and documented on their website.

*I'm not from FreePBX or Schmoozecom and not talking for them, this opinion is based on stuff I read and historical events and discussion that are publicly available.

deltaend

Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't see a module from them, I only see the downloads on the site. I'm assuming that's what you mean (an available download). Any thoughts about PBXiaF supporting roll-outs with FOP2 installed by default? Seems like it's a great combination.

What are your guy's thoughts between iSymphony and FOP2?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
The guy who writes FOP2 is awesome - will help you if you have support problems no questions asked. Total steal for the amount it costs.

deltaend

Reaction score
I wonder if he would be interested in a "strategic union" with PBXiaF where it gets installed alongside of FreePBX if you want it.

Anyone else have thoughts about FOP2 and iSymphony?

Hyksos

Guru
Reaction score
Probably redundant since you have to know that but you can try both for free, but since FOP2 cost less money I believe the usual steps is to check FOP2 and investigate iSymphony if you're still not completely happy with it or missing something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.