FYI BeagleBone Black SD card corruption

mp3geek

Guru
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Has anyone else had issues with their BBB corrupting SD cards? I have lost 4 cards in 2 different BBB's . 2 of them were brand name cards (sandisk) bought at retail so I doubt they're knockoffs. Meanwhile my Raspberry Pi has been humming along for a year with a Walgreens (really!) 8GB SD card. The BBB will load up and run just fine for a month or two, them just quit, and the SD card is unreadable and can't be repartitioned in Linux or Windows.
I really like the performance of the BBB, but I'm getting leery of using it until I find a reason for the corruption. BTW, both BBB's were using quality 5V supplies, one plugged in the mini-USB and one plugged in the coaxial power jack.
Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? Maybe a CuBox? :)

Bob Helbush

Reaction score
I've had similar issues. At first I thought it was power failure that caused the problem. But the last one I installed has lasted over a year. Using good quality cards too. So the answer is I've seen the problem as well, but don't know much more than that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.