FYI Avaya Model 9601

cacique

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on getting an Avaya Series 9600 phone to work with Incredible PBX? There must be a gazillion parameters in the configuration file, and one could probably make a career of trying to figure it all out.

To be precise I have a model 9601D01A-1009, an I'm looking at connecting it to a RentPBX installation - IncrediblePBX on Ubuntu 14.04 + FreePBX 11. I would prefer to not use remote provisioning (not initially anyway).

Any advice that would allow me to focus on only what is absolutely necessary would be most welcome.

Thanks.

rjaiswal

Reaction score
That device will only work with avaya call manager or avaya ip office. It only supports h.323, so sip...

kenn10

Reaction score
There is a SIP firmware load for the 96xx phones. Keep in mind that they are still proprietary phones that do not have full open SIP functionality like Yealink or Aastra or Grandstream. They are customized for the Avaya Aura or IP Office environment. You can make them work with Asterisk in a basic fashion but lose a lot of the flexibility that non-proprietary phones offer.

Here is the Avaya website with firmware: https://support.avaya.com/downloads...contentId=C2014825914523360_6&productId=P0553

I gave up on re-use of the Avaya phones and sold them on Ebay. Unless you have a ton of them, the hours spent trying to figure out how to make them work will negate the savings of reusing them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.