QUESTION Avantfax 3.3.3 Question. How to remove the email address on the fax?

nateornat

Reaction score
I am running AvantFax 3.3.3 on PIAF 2.9. I am trying to remove the email (my email) that shows up on all faxes sent from any modem on the system. It shows on top of each page next to the time/date stamp. I attached a pic of what i am talking about, circled in red. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• fax.jpg
    fax.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 13

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I haven't used Avantfax in a while, but I think that's specified in the IAXModem configuration in the Avantfax web interface. Could be wrong, but what shows there is *usually* the modem identifier.

nateornat

Reaction score
I don't see anything in that web interface that will work. I also checked /etc/iaxmodem and don't see the email in there either. Any other Ideas?

x Asterisk = ONLINE | Dahdi = ONLINE | MySQL = ONLINE x
x SSH = ONLINE | Apache = ONLINE | Iptables = OFFLINE x
x Fail2ban = OFFLINE | Internet = ONLINE | Ip6Tables = OFFLINE x
x Disk Free = ADEQUATE| Mem Free = ADEQUATE| NTPD = ONLINE x
x SendMail = ONLINE | Samba = OFFLINE | Webmin = ONLINE x
x Ethernet0 = ONLINE | Ethernet1 = N/A | Wlan0 = N/A x
x x
x PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.3 under *HARDWARE* x
x FreePBX Version = 2.9.0.12 x
x Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.20.1 x
x Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.20.1 x
x Dahdi Source Version = 2.6.1+2.6.1 x
x Libpri Source Version = 1.4.12 x
x IP Address = 192.xx.xx.xx. x
x Operating System = CentOS release 6.3 (Final) x
x Kernel Version = 2.6.32-279.22.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit x
x Incredible PBX 3 Version = 3.1.0

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Interesting.....just got onto my dev box that has Avantfax on it and my coversheet says "IncredibleFax." It has to be in there somewhere.... wardmundy

Edit: In my /etc/iaxmodem, the confix files list the CID Name as "Incredible PBX", not "Incredible Fax" so there goes that thought.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Ross:

I don't have my dev box available at the moment, but would you look at this note and see if it is there....

"The only way I was able to change the outbound caller name and ID was by altering
the iaxmodem-cfg.ttyIAX files found in /etc/iaxmodem/"

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Yep that's where I looked. Not in front of it right now but I saw a name but don't recall a number. Will look again when I get home tonight.

kdaffef02

Reaction score
If the webmin module has been installed, so

> Webmin > Servers > configuration > Modems and modify each one as you need.

If webmin is not installed, than you should be able to install it, via webmin > wenmin config > webmin modules > froma alocal file and point webmin module in /usr/src

Hope that helps

nateornat

Reaction score
If the webmin module has been installed, so

> Webmin > Servers > configuration > Modems and modify each one as you need.

If webmin is not installed, than you should be able to install it, via webmin > wenmin config > webmin modules > froma alocal file and point webmin module in /usr/src

Hope that helps

I'm running Webmin version 1.580 on CentOS Linux 6.3

I don't see the options you specified. I can get Webmin>Servers then I don't configuration options.
I do have a option for hylaFAX server but when i click on it it says "Error - Perl execution failed
Can't locate CGI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libexec/webmin /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 . /usr/libexec/webmin/) at /usr/libexec/webmin/hylafax/index.cgi line 25. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/libexec/webmin/hylafax/index.cgi line 25.
So I wonder if the modem config would be in there??

nateornat

Reaction score
:) OK, I found it via Markrmcs link above: Fax branding in US
Its under :
/etc/hylafax/etc/config.ttyIAX0, /etc/hylafax/etc/config.ttyIAX1, etc. on the line "LocalIdentifier"

Thanks Ya'll!! Problem solved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.