RECOMMENDATIONS Auto dial for delivery confirmations

oneradioboy

Reaction score
I operate a business where we make outbound calls each day to confirm whether our customer will be home this evening for a delivery. I'd like to automate this through PIAF. The best scenario would be to upload a list of number to call via a csv file and then the dialer makes the outbound call with a prerecorded message. Then I'd like to caller to press one for a delivery tonight or 2 to decline. I'd need some sort of report once the dialer is complete to see the results. I've seen other products online that would do this sort of thing but wasn't sure if PIAF could do all of this through one of its many modules.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I operate a business where we make outbound calls each day to confirm whether our customer will be home this evening for a delivery. I'd like to automate this through PIAF. The best scenario would be to upload a list of number to call via a csv file and then the dialer makes the outbound call with a prerecorded message. Then I'd like to caller to press one for a delivery tonight or 2 to decline. I'd need some sort of report once the dialer is complete to see the results. I've seen other products online that would do this sort of thing but wasn't sure if PIAF could do all of this through one of its many modules.

You might want to look up Nerd Vittles Teleyapper. I think it has the ability to do all of that. May need a tweak or two, but that's where I'd start.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

You can do this easily with Newfies-Dialer as well, see http://www.newfies-dialer.org/ for more details on its capabilities, and see http://www.newfies-dialer.org/documentation/beginners-guide/ for how to install and configure.

This will allow you to create complex IVR and surveys via a web interface. Asterisk / PiaF / TellyYapper can do all of this, but you may have to do your own programming to get it to work as you need it.

Joe

PS - I declare an interest - It's one of Star2Billing's products.

Cynjut

Reaction score
Not to dissuade you from spending money, you could write a simple program that creates a "call file" and have the system process those. I assume you are getting some kind of a list out from the system now - you could easily take that list and feed it through a script set to run whenever you want to calls to go out. It's not as complete as Newfies (doesn't track busy or no-contact, for example), but if all your looking for is a best-effort call out to a customer, this could be your ticket.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
you could write a simple program that creates a "call file" and have the system process those.

That is essentially what Teleyapper does, and more.

Plus, it is already written. All you need to do is insert your particulars, and off you go. Why re-invent the wheel?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
That is essentially what Teleyapper does, and more.

Plus, it is already written. All you need to do is insert your particulars, and off you go. Why re-invent the wheel?

Indeed. TeleYapper 5 is the version that you want. TY4 just dials and plays a message. Version 5 is the one that calls and prompts the user for info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.