SOLVED Audio Problems

mcspaul

Reaction score
I recently setup a Raspberry Pi 2 running Incredible PBX 13-12.3 (Asterisk 13.5.0 + Incredible GUI 12.0.30). Unfortunately I am having audio problems. Inbound calls from my DID (AnveoDirect) sent to voicemail can hear audio and also leave audio messages. Outbound calls (routed to AnveoDirect trunk) from my internal network (both a soft phone and physical phone connected to an Obi110) have audio in both directions as well. Inbound calls to my DID that are sent to an internal extension (either my soft phone or Obi110) have no audio. I have also tried creating a ring group that forwards to my cell phone but that also does not have audio in either direction. Obviously without audio calls drop at the 30 second mark. I am sure I am missing something obvious but I must be just to tired to see it.

My Incredible PBX box is behind a pfSense firewall. The firewall has been setup with NAT forward rules for ports 5060 and 10000-20000 forwarding to Incredible PBX. The firewall also has associated WAN rules allowing ports 5060 and 10000-20000 to forward to Incredible PBX. I am not using sipproxd.

Anyone have any ideas?

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Using Asterisk 13 -- in someone's infinate "wisdom" SIP uses port 5061 (not 5060) and the new PJSIP has taken the 5060 port as its own. Add a port forward of 5061 as well.

IIRC with IPBX you shouldn't NEED port forwarding at all as everything is IPTables Fail2Ban and Firewall for "Trusted" providers and your own ?home? network

Also look in SIP settings and make sure you have the External IP set (One-way Audio is common without it -- search the forums, you'll see) As for NO audio...

I don't have a RasPI so what I state her may be bunk or me talking out my @$$ but it MAY be steps to try.

Good Luck

mcspaul

Reaction score
Using Asterisk 13 -- in someone's infinate "wisdom" SIP uses port 5061 (not 5060) and the new PJSIP has taken the 5060 port as its own. Add a port forward of 5061 as well.
During setup & testing I have just forwarded all UDP traffic to my PBX so I have not run into any issues there ... yet. Once I start securing it I will be sure to keep this in mind.

IIRC with IPBX you shouldn't NEED port forwarding at all as everything is IPTables Fail2Ban and Firewall for "Trusted" providers and your own ?home? network
I needed to use port forwarding to allow traffic from outside my network to get past my external firewall (pfSense).

Also look in SIP settings and make sure you have the External IP set (One-way Audio is common without it -- search the forums, you'll see) As for NO audio...
I had already done that.

Actually 5 minutes after posting this I figured it out. It was so simple I do not know how I missed it. Since pfSense rewrites the source port for outgoing packets the outbound NAT rule needs to be configured to use a static port. I had created the rule correctly however I put it beneath the default outgoing NAT rule that rewrites the source port. Once I moved the rule up above that everything started working as expected.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. It is really appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.