NO JOY Audio drops after 30 mins of call duration

markd89

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been using PIAF Purple 3.0.9 for a while with success. This is hosted under Centos and clients connect through Neorouter VPN.

Recently, I noticed calls dying after what seems like exactly 30 mins. Dying meaning that I don't hear anything and the other party stops hearing me, but the SIP client still thinks it is connected.

At first I thought this was a trunk issue, but then I had the same problem with an extension to extension call.

I know how to turn on logging, but before doing that, I thought I would ask if anyone has any obvious settings that I should be checking.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions..

Mark

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
This is typically a SIP session timer problem, but can be firewall. What kind of phones and what kind of firewall?

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I had a system with the same issue. In sip settings I added session-timers = refuse and the problem stopped. The phones were on the local network.

Gary.

markd89

Reaction score
Thanks, that's super-helpful!

I added session-times=refuse in the PIAF UI under Tools, Asterisk SIP Settings, Other SIP Settings. Is that the right place or should I be making that change directly in a .conf? If directly in a .conf what file/folder should I be checking?

Thanks again!
Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.