FOOD FOR THOUGHT AT&T to Vitelity routing issue

phinphan

Reaction score
I have a weird situation on one of my Vitelity DID's. The DID is located in the Cocoa Beach, FL calling area. When a 7 digit call is made from an at&t landline in Cocoa Beach, FL to that number it fails on the at&t end with no connection. The call never hits the pbx or vitelity for that matter. If the caller dials the 10 digit number the call is completed. Both numbers are in Cocoa Beach and there is no long distance involved. Vitelity seems to think it is an at&t routing issue but since I am not the at&t customer I have no easy way to reach them about someone else's account. Any suggestions?

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I would imagine it is with AT&T and the area is moving or recently moved to 10 digit dialing. This also usually happens when an area code split/overlay happens. That happened with our Austin and San Antonio offices last year. 10 digit dialing will eventually be a requirement everywhere.

phinphan

Reaction score
Thanks Jeff. There is not normally 10 digit dialing in the area, particularly within a city so we will have to find way to bring it up with at&t

phinphan

Reaction score
321 - Brevard County, Cocoa Beach Florida. The ATT land line is 321-799-**** and the vitelity did is 321-336-****

kenn10

Reaction score
I would start with Vitelity and have them contact AT&T. This is a translations issue on the AT&T side. They simply have not updated their switch for the 321-336-xxxx exchange in the 7-digit dialing pattern. The AT&T SE Complex Translations group will have to be involved. If you have AT&T service, call AT&T repair yourself. If not, you'll have to work it through Vitelity.

phinphan

Reaction score
kenn10 - thanks. I was grasping for the right terms to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.