FYI Asterisk 13: Beta/pre-release?

Will Longo

Reaction score
So, a year or so ago I went back to using pure asterisk. I had quite a few reasons for this, the biggest was ensuring my skills on the CLI and config files didn't get rusty. Now I've got a customer who saw my Asterisk 13 setup and wanted to be on the latest and greatest while also being able to "easily" make changes and such. Obviously, piaf is the first thing that popped in my head.

According to a posting from Ward, PIAF black works with asterisk 12 (presumably asterisk13 as well since they're pretty much the same)

tmp.PNG

However, in previous deployments I've always run piaf on top of incredible pbx (or vice versa, i cant remember) What i found is that incredible pbx 12 is only working with ubuntu/debian and my client is a redhat enterprise customer (as a centos user, i feel his frustration) What I'm wondering is, is there a pre-release version of incrediblepbx 12 for centos ? thanks!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Will Longo: Haven't quite gotten to Incredible PBX 13, but PIAF-Blue already supports Asterisk 13 so have at it.

Will Longo

Reaction score
ward thanks! ill check it out now! Do you happen to have a post like the above on piaf-blue vs piaf-black (aside from the ast13) I suppose i need to go check on a freepbx13 aswell.

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
I have been using fpbx12 with Asterisk 13 for awhile now and it seems to work quite well. I am a big fan of chan_pjsip as it seems to solve some problems with chan_sip. I am comfortable saying it is good enough for my own production use including pjsip. As far as I can tell 13 is starting off from where 12 left off so it's quite stable and compatible with 12 imho.

Will Longo

Reaction score
I have been using fpbx12 with Asterisk 13 for awhile now and it seems to work quite well. I am a big fan of chan_pjsip as it seems to solve some problems with chan_sip. I am comfortable saying it is good enough for my own production use including pjsip. As far as I can tell 13 is starting off from where 12 left off so it's quite stable and compatible with 12 imho.

I've actually had a lot of issues in pjsip with trunks that dont require authentication. for example, i have a cisco call manager and typically i send calls to it via
Code:
exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/1000@cucm)
which fails. i experienced the same with sipbroker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.