NO JOY assistance logging into PIAF

skydiverQ

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm having trouble logging into my PIAF interface on an server I own. during the past year I had a couple issues with server intrusions on my network and passwords/users ended up being modified and the end result is that I can't login to my PIAF admin interface.

I've seen some other posts about this sort of thing along with accusations that people posting might be trying to "hack" into a server they do not own, and I can assure you this is not the case at all. I have full control over this server, ssh access both locally and remotely, including full root access to the server. The issue here is operator error, I don't have a clue what I am doing. This server was setup a couple years ago with assistance from outside providers and has essentially just run wonderfully. however now some changes need to made and I do not have access.

I understand I will likely need to hire someone to handle this for me and I am fine with that. If you can assist me in any way (either by personally helping, or pointing me to someone who can) I would very much appreciate it. thanks!

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
If you have SSH, login and type passwd-master and see where that gets you?

skydiverQ

Reaction score
OK perhaps I will receive a better (read: ANY) response if I rephrase my request...

I have an asterisk server that I have full root and CLI access to. I need to make some pre-defined modifications to my server configuration, keeping in mind that there is also an installation of PIAF on top of the Asterisk server, and I currently do not have control over this installation of PIAF.

I have attached a cap of my ssh login screen, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• server welcome screen.png
    server welcome screen.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 7

skydiverQ

Reaction score
OK it looks like that command will run the utility, it's not "missing" like I read about in another other user's thread with the same issues.

Obviously I see you have a good rep here however before I actually go through this process, I'm not finding any info (after a couple quick searches) detailing exactly what this utility will do...?

Also I will note that I did take a look at all of the linux accounts yesterday and I saw that there does not appear to be a maint user in that table. Is the PIAF admin user always maint or could that have been modified at install...? I seem to recall that we might have used a different user however that was literally years ago.

Again I am a little of wary of doing anything else on my own since I honestly don't have much of a clue about how it works and if I break anything else then I am really in trouble. I'd much rather prefer to simply hire someone to at least take a quick look at things, if you may have someone you could refer me to also.

thank you again!

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
That command resets all the user passwords to whatever you specify. I don't use maint anymore I use wwwadmin instead, that seems to work for the FPBX console fine. I think maint often exists but in some installs maybe it is missing, not sure, it was used in the older ones. Not important anyway, what you said you wanted was to reset the password for the Freepbx console, so that will do it, since you have root. Good thing you still have that!

skydiverQ

Reaction score
I would have to ask though, how do I then tell which user is the admin user for freepbx...?

I apologize in advance if this sounds dumb but again, I need to tread very lightly because if this breaks i'm then in a world of hurt 100x bigger.

skydiverQ

Reaction score
ok so this is what worries me, that user account is clearly not in the users table now. nor is maint, or the other account I might have logically used at setup.

I'm concerned that once I get in there I will mess something up. can you recommend any sort of facility/forum where I could hire someone to do this for me? someone with the capability to get things backed op first, then recover it if something goes wrong...?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.