RECOMMENDATIONS As of 7-19-14 What build version for RentPBX?

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I'm thoroughly confused by the current choices and options.

I'd like a 'current' system for production, but the choices are even larger than the last time I looked.

I'd like to install incrediblefax and all the other bells and whistles. My current RentPBX install is purple and will remain that way until it breaks <g>.

So, what would the current right choice be from their list:

PBX in a Flash GOLD 1.7 (zaptel, asterisk 1.4)
PBX in a Flash BRONZE 1.7 (dahdi, asterisk 1.6)
PBX in a Flash SILVER 1.7 (dahdi, asterisk 1.4)
PBX in a Flash BRONZE 1.7 with Avant Fax (dahdi, asterisk 1.6) + $20.00 USD Setup Fee
PBX in a Flash 2.0.6.4.4 (build your own variance)
PBX in a Flash 2.0.6.4.4 (Green with FreePBX 2.11)
PBX in a Flash 2.0.6.4.4 (Yellow with FreePBX 2.11)
PBX in a Flash 2.0.6.4.4 (Purple with FreePBX 2.11)
PBX in a Flash 2.0.6.4.4 (Brown with FreePBX 2.11)
PBX in a Flash 3.6.5 (build your own variance, SC base)

Regards,

Andrew

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, but how does one select PIAF green after 3.6.5 from RentPBX? Is it just a sub-menu choice or something?

Andrew

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Haven't used RentPBX in a while, but I assume it's the standard 3.6.5 installer. They've already installed CentOS, you choose everything else after the instance is created.
See mainenotarynet 's answer below.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Not exactly Ross, they changed a while ago to where you can't do a rebuild on your own -- they made a whole sub department to do these.

1. Andy -- go to your customer portal and click on Client Area
  2. Put in your credentials and then click My Products and services (to show all your servers with them.
  3. Click on the view details next to the one you want to rebuild (there is some info you need for the ticket)
  4. At the bottom of the page make note of the Login Details (Username and password) this is not root like when you SSH in through your own PuTTy type client but on their system the SSH password may be the one you use however.
  5. Now open a support ticket to the Reinstall / Moving department and fill out the information and just tell them you want the Build your own variance but to use PiaF green when asked for color (I'm on 6.0.4.4 with Green) [You may want to open a 2nd tab as they want your IP and Servername as well so since its all on that detail page it may help to have them both open]
  6. Weekdays are about an Hour and weekend vary as they usually do weekend ones on Monday, mine was done a few hours later on a Sunday so as I said it varies.
  7. Once that is done you can SSH in and install the IncrediblePBX3? and IncredibleFax 2? if I got those right.
I am debating with myself of going SL (Scientific Linux) but have never figured out how to do a complete system backup after reading a LOT of post [I just got more confused] in order to not have to do everything all over again.

Hope this helps and good luck

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
mainenotarynet Thanks for the clarification. I used them for a short while, a while ago. Would explain my out of date answer. :)

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer(s).
This would be a brand spanking new install for a new client to RentPBX, so at least at first I wouldn't have any of the credentials, etc.

Andrew

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
OK, Andy, 3rd line in your OP says My current rentpbx is purple... which is why the instructions I gave.

If/when you place a new order it should be in the list of flavors as build your own or what you could do is use the Green they have in the beginning and then follow as above to rebuild it once you have the credentials as mentioned.

Ok, just checked (07-21-2014 @ 12:45 EDT) and they only have Seattle servers available at this time, and you can choose PBX in a Flash 2.0.6.4.4 with Green or at the bottom of the PBX in a Flash list is PBX in a Flash 3.6.5 (Build your Own Variant SC Base) as Ross said, so I think the new question on this is:

After building the PBX in a Flash 3.6.5 how do you install the Green on top of it, where is the piafdl file to get the color selection menu? then after that install the IncrediblePBX/Fax as you wish.

Have a great day and good luck

P.S. RentPBX is on this forum too so maybe they can answer you or submit a ticket to ask, or see if it is in their knowledgebase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.