QUESTION Anyway to change the SIP header for port 5061? Or other suggestions?

balefireeyed

Reaction score
I need a remote phone. To start out, I'll either use port knocking, or if there are issues with that, travelin man 3.

The problem is that the SIP and T1 provider, Integra, has changed the way they provide a SIP circuit. They give you an External IP address that has no actual internet connectivity--just 5060 to their sip switch and dns to their dns servers. So that IP address is what I connected to the sip switch by placing that IP address into the External IP field in freepbx SIP settings. In order to receive updates for the system, I placed a cisco router/firewall that has dual wan, bound rtp and sip ports to the wan interface that has the sip circuit, then failed all other traffic to the other wan interface which has a different external IP address from the one that I used in the external IP field for the sip header.

SO... now I need help big time because I really need a remote phone. Other than changing the sip header to a fqdn and then on the external site create a private dns server that the phone points to with a separate setting... I don't think that's going to happen. Or, of course, a site-to-site VPN... any other possibility?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.