1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you had a PIAF Forum account in the vBulletin days, log in with your old credentials. Otherwise, sign up again and we'll get you back in business as soon as we can.
  3. A serious FreePBX vulnerability has been reported. Update your Framework Module immediately. Click here for details.

QUESTION Anyone have experience with siproxd?

Discussion in 'Help' started by bobkoure, Apr 4, 2014.

1. bobkoure Member

When I send an inbound call to a PSTN extension (my mobile phone, part of a ring group) and pick up the PSTN, the call connects but I get no audio.
    I'm about 98% sure this is a double NAT issue, as the PBX is behind a firewall.
    The firewall does have siproxd, which works as a sip proxy at the firewall - so no NAT at all.

I'm wondering what I have to change in the PBX to make this work.
    As best as I can figure
    asterisk SIP settings: NAT set to "never"

In my vitelity trunks (vitelity has you set up separate outbound and inbound trunks)
    nat=no
    outboundproxy=[firewall LAN address]

What am I missing?
    Thanks!
  2. lgaetz Pundit

3. bobkoure Member

Unfortunately progressinband=yes didn't change anything.

I made the above changes to use siproxd. Both vitelity trunks show as online. Inbound calls work fine. Outbound calls don't connect. Siproxd log isn't much help. Sigh
  4. Hyksos Guru

You should undo all that and first try to route those calls to anything that will send audio toward the inbound call, before the call is forwarded.
    IVR, annoucement, anything that will open audio toward the inbound call before the forward.
    That was mentionned also in @lgaetz link also.

As far as double NAT, nothing you mentionned points to that. You said your PBX is behind NAT, ok but why jump to saying it's double NATed? If your PBX is behind 2 NAT, why did you do that? and what is the second NAT device?