TRY THIS Anyone have experience with siproxd?

bobkoure

Reaction score
When I send an inbound call to a PSTN extension (my mobile phone, part of a ring group) and pick up the PSTN, the call connects but I get no audio.
I'm about 98% sure this is a double NAT issue, as the PBX is behind a firewall.
The firewall does have siproxd, which works as a sip proxy at the firewall - so no NAT at all.

I'm wondering what I have to change in the PBX to make this work.
As best as I can figure
asterisk SIP settings: NAT set to "never"

In my vitelity trunks (vitelity has you set up separate outbound and inbound trunks)
nat=no
outboundproxy=[firewall LAN address]

What am I missing?
Thanks!

bobkoure

Reaction score
Unfortunately progressinband=yes didn't change anything.

I made the above changes to use siproxd. Both vitelity trunks show as online. Inbound calls work fine. Outbound calls don't connect. Siproxd log isn't much help. Sigh

Hyksos

Guru
Reaction score
You should undo all that and first try to route those calls to anything that will send audio toward the inbound call, before the call is forwarded.
IVR, annoucement, anything that will open audio toward the inbound call before the forward.
That was mentionned also in lgaetz link also.

As far as double NAT, nothing you mentionned points to that. You said your PBX is behind NAT, ok but why jump to saying it's double NATed? If your PBX is behind 2 NAT, why did you do that? and what is the second NAT device?

bobkoure

Reaction score
Setup an IAX DID with voip.ms. Had the same problem, but progressinband=yes made it work.
I'm sure you're right re audio; for the SIP Vitelity DID progressinband=yes didn't fix things. I'll test playing a sound via IVR when I get home (parent in hospital).
Thanks!

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.