I HAVE A DREAM Anyone do Filemaker Pro database work?

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I have a client that wants a simple (with two wrinkles) database in Filemaker Pro (they are a Mac-only shop).

It's a name/address/contact info (virtually flat file).

They need two features and I'd like to add a third:

Needed #1
Convert the address to a set of long/lat and store this data with the record. Sites such as http://www.latlong.net/convert-address-to-lat-long.html allow conversion - probably need to use several to make sure we get a 'good enough' answer.

Needed #2
Have a report which allows 'distance from' in the sense of 'give me all contacts within X miles of (either another record or an address). The formula for converting distance from long/lat pairs is publicly available info.

Wanted #1
When viewing a record it would be nice to display a google street view of the address in a browser window - the url should be stored with the record.

In Access, I could knock this out in 3-4 hours; in FileMaker I'm still reading the manual.

If interested, shoot me a PM.

Andrew

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
My father does a lot of filemaker work if you are still stuck, I could ask him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.