TIPS Any way to block non-NANPA CID?

mbellot

Reaction score
I received a call the other day (didn't answer, they didn't leave a msg) that shows up in the CDR as:

Code:
"V2211546150006751876 "<V2211546150006751876>

Obviously garbage, is there any way to block calls with CID numbers that don't conform to NANPA (ring forever or busy)?

billsimon

Reaction score
Most providers send caller NANPA caller ID without the country code, so it would match NXXNXXXXXX.

Set your inbound routes to match _NXXNXXXXXX in the caller ID field and then set a catch-all that terminates everything else. (Or if your provider sends caller ID differently, configure the pattern with the leading 1 or +1 or whatever.)

But you may block legitimate calls this way.

mbellot

Reaction score
Thanks Bill.

The call came through one of my Voip.ms trunks, so they must not be formatting the CID string.

I'll play around and see what I can come up with now that you have given me a starting point.

bobkoure

Reaction score
Seems to me that, for the clowns using a CID of V2211546150006751876 (and similar) you could use
_[vV]XXXXXXXX!
to match, check CID priority, and send off to whatever annoy/discourage-the-caller you like.
Note: '!' means "match immediately", so if your CDR shows they're always using a certain number of digits, you could just use that many 'X's and dispense with it. You could also use
_[azA-Z]XXXXXXXX!
on the off chance they change from V to another letter.

I got a raft of these calls some months back, set this up, and... they haven't called since - so this is untested.
Not as generic as "block all non-NANP" but IMO less likely to block other CIDs inadvertently.

bobkoure

Reaction score
I decided to filter all non NANP CIDs.
Match NANP - goes to ring groups
Catchall goes to IVR
In that IVR, 7 passes the call to a ring group

I got to fooling around with asterisk audio files, and using the GB English asterisk prompts - pasted together the following
"Do you wish to continue? For yes, press 7".
"For yes, press 7"

If you're doing something similar, these might be of use to you - so I attached them.

Attachments

• continue_press_7.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.