RECOMMENDATIONS any other cdr products out there?

balefireeyed

Reaction score
I like the cdr module that comes with freepbx; it's reliable, but it doesn't provide the analytics at a click of the button that I need.
cdr-stats is a pain in the butt to install.
asternic cdr reports is nice, but I've run into issues that call into question, for me, the reliability of the data it's providing (for example, I have an extension that takes a ton of calls from several queues; asternic shows it took 2 calls in a 30 day period, while the cdr reports that comes with freepbx shows that the same extension to over 400 calls in a 30 day period).

Does anyone have any recommendations? I need something that will go outside of the queue; we already use call center stats for that.

matthew

Guru
Reaction score
Write your own. I had to for one of my projects as it was the only way to get what I needed.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

We've just released version 3 of CDR-Stats in Beta which may or may not be suitable for your needs.

It's designed to be installed on a separate server and the CDR are pushed from a SQLite3 database on your Asterisk system.

There are installation scripts and full documentation at http://www.cdr-stats.org/get-started/

Joe

balefireeyed

Reaction score
Thanks Joe,

I got your software installed maybe two or three years ago. Now I just get deprecated dependency errors, and the like. The furthest I've gotten on a recent attempt to install cdr-stats is a page when I navigate to serverip:9000 that says forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server. Even after modifying apache permissions (don't worry, this is a test server, no trunks on it or anything like that).

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

Odd, installs in the last couple of weeks have been flawless with version 3. The usual port is 8008, not 9000

I'd recommend you start with a Debian 8 server with only SSH on it (real or virtual), then run the installation script, using this - http://www.cdr-stats.org/documentation/beginners-guide - as a guide. If you run into problems, then drop us a line on the mailing list.

The most exciting thing about this latest release is that it does call rating.

Joe

TheShniz

Guru
Reaction score
That's big news Joe... I see you're jumping to nginx/node too. I've been through the installation script, and noticed you've provisioned for CentOS... how functional/usable/whatever is it to attempt install on CentOS? You've got a lot here, just wondering if I should wait a bit.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

The CentOS code is something of a legacy, and was there when the general idea was to install CDR-Stats alongside your switch / PBX. Now it has grown to something more than just a viewer / analytics program, we believe it should be on it's own dedicated server, and we have chosen Debian as the main OS.

It could be installed on CentOS, but it would take some time to convert the script, and then we would have to constantly test it as well as Debian, so given it's an appliance, not an add on, we don't intend to rewrite to support CentOS.

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.