QUESTION Anveo E911 on Obi202 with SIP Trunk to PBX?

ws2000

Reaction score
Hello

I created a standard E911 account at Anveo on my Obi 202 on SP4. Everything appears to work testing via 933. I also wanted to integrate E911 into my IPBX so a created a SIP trunk with the settings found on their website. This also worked when I dialed 933 from my IP phone. Is this an acceptable way to use this service? Just wondering if others have added Anveo into their PBX systems this way. It may very well be a dumb question but I don't want to get my account revoked weeks or months down the road. I hope I never need to dial 911 but if I do I want it to work.

Thanks!

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Wasn't aware Anveo had an E911-only plan. TIL.
So you have an Anveo trunk configured on both the Obi202 and the PBX? That seems redundant.

ws2000

Reaction score
Wasn't aware Anveo had an E911-only plan. TIL.
So you have an Anveo trunk configured on both the Obi202 and the PBX? That seems redundant.

Agreed. I could not think of any other way to get my PBX extensions out to the sp4 on my Obi. Is there an easy to way to point my PBX outbound 933 and 911 at my Obi device and have it all work with 1 connection?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Okay, now I'm more confused.
Here's what I'm understanding right now:
  • Your Obi202 has a trunk configured to Anveo on SP4 used just for E911
  • There's also a trunk to Anveo configured on your PBX
  • Your Obi202 has an extension configured that registers to your PBX
  • You're trying to route calls (911, 933) from your PBX out through the Obi202
Is that all correct?
Since you mentioned "SP4", I'm assuming you have SP1-SP3 configured as well?
Easiest thing to do is to register the Obi just to the PBX and remove everything else. Add the Anveo trunk to the PBX (which I think you already did), customize your outbound routes appropriately.

ws2000

Reaction score
Just a little background information. I'm mostly a newbie in the PBX world. I really appreciate the help. Currently I have a Raspberry Pi B+ on 3.11 and 2 GV lines. I also have a Obi101 that I used as FXO and FXS for my cordless phones. I purchased a Obi 202 thinking maybe I could have E911 and the FXO and FXS all on 1 Obi box. Then I read somewhere after the purchase that you needed a GV account on the Obi to use participate in the Anveo offer so I figured I could add one of my GV accounts to the Obi 202 on SP1 and SP2 and install the Anveo E911 on SP4. Not my original goal... but close enough if it worked.

I followed Tom King’s new tutorial http://www.pbxinaflash.org/piaf6/docs/install-obi110.pdf to use the Obi to provide GV services to my PBX.

I have not tried you recommendation above yet because I found another bump in the road. The trunk that is pointed to my Obi202 gives me a "All circuits are busy". The POTS phone I have plugged into the Obi202 dials out fine. Originally I had both Google Voice accounts on the PBX created with Google Voice (Motif). Is this possibly causing my weird issue with connecting to the Obi? How can I disconnect the 1 account that is now on the Obi202 from Jabber on my PBX?
Motif Connections

Jabber Users and their status:
[gwxxxxxxgmailcom] [email protected] - Connected
[gaxxxxxxgmailcom] [email protected] - Connected

Inbound Calls work fine.

Thanks

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Let me know how close I am.
Your end goal is to be able to make and receive calls through two Google Voice lines and a POTS line (fed by Obi), in addition to being able to dial 911 out through Anveo.
You want to make these calls through cordless phones that get dialtone through an Obi202.

Your current setup:
  • Obi202
    • FXO port (via USB adapter) going to POTS Line
    • FXS (1/2/both) going to cordless phones
    • Two GV Trunks Configured
    • SP3 (?) Registered to RasPi as an extension
    • SP4 Registered to Anveo for E911
  • RasPi
    • SIP Trunk to Obi to route GV and POTS calls to Asterisk
    • SIP Trunk to Anveo for E911 (same one as Obi202)
    • Same Two GV Trunks Configured as on Obi202 (through Motif here)
    • Extension created for Obi202 to register

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.