QUESTION An inbound call, call's itself again, so now there's two calls

PBXEHR

Reaction score
An outside caller calls and we answer the phone. On occasion, two to three minutes later, the phone will ring again, and when we answer the call, it's the same call and now I can talk to and hear both the caller and the person at our office who answered the original call. If I hangup the second call, it hangs up the first call so we just have to put the second call on mute until the first call is completed.

Bizarre, Weird, Nuts...

Reaction score
fist thought would be that it is a provider issue. More detail please including provider info.

PBXEHR

Reaction score
They called our POTS line which is connected to a Linksys 3102 that we've had for a while.

Reaction score
sounds like the 3102. I'd swap it if you have one or switch to an OBI. Why not just forward the POTS to a DID from a provider and be done with the interface.

PBXEHR

Reaction score
It didn't used to do this. We've had the 3102 for 7+ years. We're using 4 of them. I recently upgraded our PBXinaFlash to 12, but that shouldn't be related?

Reaction score
When you've got the two active calls I would use a telephone test set to make sure the calls only involve a single pots line. Touch the clips of the test set (in monitor mode) to each of the pots lines (Tip & Ring) and see if the audio is only on the one pots line.
CLI traces might also tell us something because we also want to know if only 3102 is involved.

TwigsUSAN

Guru
Reaction score
I don't have one either, but I would agree with the CLI traces. Wondering if it could be a call waiting thing.

PBXEHR

Reaction score
Ok, what is the syntax to do a CLI trace? Thank you. Do you do it at the Linux or Asterisk prompt?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.