QUESTION All Stations paging problems (bug?)

dbdataplus

Reaction score
We've recently installed a 38 user PIAF using FreePBX 2.11.0.37 / Asterisk 11.7.0/Cisco SPA504G phones and we've run into a problem with all stations paging that we hope someone will recognize right away.

We've set an 'all stations' paging group as"333" with all but a few extension in this group. Busy Extensions=SKIP, Duplex=unchecked, Default Page Group=checked.

Last week Gail (ext 128) did an all stations page and it worked, but all 32 indicators on the SPA500 "sidecars" at both reception desks went red and stayed red until the units were unplugged and plugged again.

Later that day Wayne (ext 104) accidentally dialed "333nnnn" thinking he was dialing an outside number. All stations LCD display said "From Wayne" and all Line 1 buttons went red and stayed red long after Wayne hung up until each person pressed the Line 1 button on their phone. (Side cars operated normally)

The next day Sue (ext 100) did all stations. It worked fine except one person (ext 112) was on the phone on line 1 and that call was placed on hold. (all phones and sidecars operated as expected, but ext 112 had to pick up her call again)

We can probably experiment, monitor log files, etc. but the random behavior usually means it will be hard to track - and means we probably have done something hideously wrong that will be obvious to anyone brighter than us (which is most of you).

What's wrong?

dbdataplus

Reaction score
I don't know if the SPA504g does support that and I'll look into it. Unfortunately though, I'm concluding that if 38 endpoints is too much for Asterisk to handle in any way, shape or form then I have a huge problem. Have I misjudged this product as a viable solution for business?

Robert-BCC

Rank amateur
Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.