TIPS all extensions calls itself

nikhilroshania

Reaction score
Hello,

I have noticed a strange behaviors of asterisk.

On random occasions we receive incoming calls on the extensions and caller id of incoming call is extension itself.

(e.g. my extension is 1901, so I get calls from 1901. My colleague's extension is 1902 and he gets call from 1902 and so forth)

call rings for a few seconds and then goes off, if not answered.
if call is answered then it dead silence after a few seconds call hangs up automatically.

no clue why this happens.. can anyone share their opinion on this? cant such calls be stopped?

here is the server version.
> PIAF: 2.0.6.2
> asterisk: 1.8.23
> freepbx: 2.9.0.14

I have a few remote extensions so
Allow Anonymous Inbound SIP Calls is set YES.

Thanks in advance.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I have a few remote extensions so
Allow Anonymous Inbound SIP Calls is set YES.

Thanks in advance.

That's not a reason to have anonymous inbound set to yes. Since they are coming from your PBX, they will be known and not be anonymous. I have remote extensions and have anonymous as well as guests set to no.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Also - check your handset to make sure it is not allowing guests in there.

nikhilroshania

Reaction score
@ Krzkat.

I didnt understood your comments, can you please elaborate "Also - check your handset to make sure it is not allowing guests in there."
I missed to add one line in initial descriptions, I have remote extensions so ports are open and around many inbound routes so "Allow Anonymous Inbound SIP Calls" "YES".

is there a way to get rid of this automatic ringings of all the extensions?

johnny2000

Reaction score
Lately I am experiencing the same thing. Anyone have sort it out what is causing this problem?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
johnny2000 Though you may be experiencing the same issue, opening a new thread is much more helpful. Please open a new thread and include all of the information listed in the links in my signature so we can best help you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.