NO JOY Alcazar Setup

jake372

Reaction score
Hi,

My system: Incredible 11-12.1 Centos 6.6 rentpbx.

I am trying to set up a trunk with Alcazar to test them out. Relative to other carriers I have setup, they don't offer much assistance at all with setup (not knocking them, just the way it is.)

They use IP Authentication and cannot seem to get it working. I have read just about everything I can find in this forum as well as other sites and cannot fully understand.

-I made sure the IP's are whitelisted
-They told me to make sure I have a 1 in front of the DID for inbound routes--did that
-I have played around with different settings trying to set it up and testing from my cell phone, I am either getting "All circuits are busy" or in some cases, depending on how I change the settings I can "Verizon Wireless is unable to complete the call."

If anyone of you have experience setting them up, I would appreciate any assistance

I have a screenshot to show what my settings are and also, have some questions:

Here's how I currently have it setup: http://www.evernote.com/shard/s383/...86a4242503ec/1e1ed55b5fa97ae52e938f72cdaeba5e

1) they have given me a sample asterisk config that looks like this:
[AlcazarNet]
context=outbound
type=peer
host=162.212.218.11
insecure=port
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
;allow=g729,ulaw ; ONLY IF YOU SUPPORT THE G.729 CODEC
nat=no
qualify=yes
dtmfmode=inband ; CHANGE TO RFC2833 FOR G729
canreinvite=no
sendrpid=yes

I pasted this info below into
/etc/extensions_custom.conf

--extensions.conf--
exten => _1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx,1,Dial(SIP/AlcazarNet/${EXTEN}) ; 11 digit dialing
exten => _[2-9]xxxxxxxxx,1,Dial(SIP/AlcazarNet/1${EXTEN}) ; 10 digit dialing"

Do the settings above go inside the "Peer Details" or "User Details" box inside the trunk setup? The reason I ask is because I have usually followed instructions for other providers and placed the settings inside the "Peer Settings," but in a response from Alcazar where I sent them the screenshot, they replied "The configs you posted is for our outbound trunks" so now I am really confused.

Thank you in advance for any assistance,

Jake

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Outgoing settings ; peer details
host=199.96.248.160
canreinvite=nonat
nat=yes
context=from-trunk
type=peer
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
insecure=port,invite
qualify=yes
Only requires that in outgoing settings; inbound and outbound have been working reliably for me for a year or more. Inbound are not required (the IP is covered in the outbound settings). You may be using a different host of course, hence the 162 IP you have. Open 5060 from the IP's Alcazar gives you. extensions.conf shouldn't be edited, it will be overwritten when you reload.

rchalk

Reaction score
I am using them for both origination (inbound) and termination (outbound) and I have a total of three trunks, called alcazar-in-1, alcazar-in-2, and alcazar-out. The settings for the "out" trunk are:

type=peer
qualify=yes
nat=no
insecure=port
host=162.212.218.11
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
context=outbound
canreinvite=no
allow=ulaw
sendrpid=yes

For the in-1 route:

type=peer
qualify=yes
nat=no
insecure=very
host=199.96.248.160
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
allow=ulaw

and for the in-2:

type=peer
qualify=yes
nat=no
insecure=very
host=199.96.248.161
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
allow=ulaw

In every case, these values are pasted in the Outgoing Settings box of the trunk in question, and you will note that there are three different IP addresses, and the context for the outbound route is different from the other two.

You should make sure that all three IP addresses are allowed in IPTABLES, and as you have already noted, the inbound routes must have a 1 as the first character of the DID.

Finally, and this should be obvious, on the Alcazar Origination-Manage page, make sure you have the DID pointing to the correct IP address for your server.

rchalk

Reaction score
Also, for outgoing calls, the number must have the 1 as well. I suggest two dial patterns
Prepend 1 NXXNXXXXXX
(no prepend) 1NXXNXXXXXX

That way, users can dial with or without the 1, and the system will send the 1 anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.