SOLVED Access Telco Blind Transfer from IVR (FX0)

Mark Thompson

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to set up an IVR option to use the telco tandem transfer feature - caller presses 1, is transferred to an external number by the telco and the line is then free to accept another call. I can do this manually on the line by hookflash, dial NXXNXXXXXX, hangup.

It looks like something very similar has been accomplished in this thread: Hookflash or link in dial string

However, I am not sure how to implement this on my Incredible PBX setup. I have a TDM410 2 FXO 2FXS with Incredible PBX 12 on Ubuntu 14.04

From the referenced post it looks to me that I would put the following into /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf
Code:
[size=18]

[speed-call-custom]
exten => _555,1,Playback(transfer)
exten => _555,2,Flash()
exten => _555,3,SendDTMF(4405551212)
exten => _555,4,Hangup()
[/size]
This would call 4405551212 when you dial 555 from your phone.

I would then point the IVR to ext 555?

I'm not sure what [speed-call-custom] references or what the underscore preceding 555 does.
Arepart of the code or just some formatting from the forum?

Unfortunately, I don't have the system on site yet to test with FXOs in place until I install; I hope to be more clear on this before I'm on site.

If anyone could help me get a bit of a clearer understanding of this I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,

mark

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
So that's a custom context. You are correct in that it gets stuck at the bottom of extensions_custom.conf.

The "_" is a pattern match. You'd use that if you were trying to match the XX in 55XX, but there's no matching there, so I haven't a clue what its purpose is.

That is a strange way of doing a transfer. Looking at the thread, you'd want the following code more likely
Code:
[from-internal-custom]
exten => _400,1,Playback(transfer)
exten => _400,2,Flash()
exten => _400,3,SendDTMF(7024567890)
exten => _400,4,Hangup()
exten => _401,1,Playback(transfer)
exten => _402,2,Flash()
exten => _403,3,SendDTMF(7025551212)
exten => _404,4,Hangup()
Still not sure what's up with the underscores.

How many numbers are you looking at? If only a few, you could do something like this, or you could script it out some to make it accept multiple

Mark Thompson

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Ross.

I just need 1 number. Caller presses 1 from IVR to transfer to HQ or presses 2 and is routed to a ring group. I'm guessing the 400 example you pointed to above would be placed under what is already under [from-internal-custom] in /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf, that is before the next custom context which in my case is [custom-count2four]?

Then, should I create a Misc Destination entering 400, or maybe a Custom Destination (I'm not quite sure yet on how / when /why to set up a Custom Destination. I have Time of Day to use as an example but haven't pulled this apart to understand yet)?

In the example do the last 3 lines have typos? Should 402, 403, 404 all be 401? In my case I would only use the first 4 lines since I only want to transfer to a single external number?

To summerize ...

1) Add
exten => _400,1,Playback(transfer)
exten => _400,2,Flash()
exten => _400,3,SendDTMF(7024567890)
exten => _400,4,Hangup()

under [from-internal-custom]
2) Create Misc Destination to Dial: 400
3) IVR Destination: the new Misc Destination
Does this sound right?
Thanks,
mark

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Yup - you're pretty much on point.
I'd take out the underscores, as I haven't a clue in the slightest what they do. Make a Misc Destination with 400 as the destination and point your IVR to that.
Your modification is correct. Asterisk Dialplan is
Code:
exten => XXX,P,A
Where XXX is the access string (that you'd either dial or call from another context in the case of letters like 's'), P is priority (so the order in which they should run), and then A for the action in what it does. You can also substitute 'n' for 2, 3, and 4 so that if you add stuff you don't have to re-number everything.

It does go in extensions_custom.conf, but since it's just dialplan without a context, really you can stick it anywhere that's before the first defined context but after the first line. After you add it, reload Asterisk or do `dialplan reload` and you should be good.

Mark Thompson

Reaction score
Okay, I feel better about this now. I'll be able to test over the weekend.

Many thanks,

mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.