SUGGESTIONS Aastra XML scripts 2.3.1 Beta

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
Updated for Beta 2

Dear PIAF users,

The new version of the Aastra XML scripts (2.3.1) is now available in beta, thank you for being so patient.

We hope this update will fix all your current issues.

Compatibility
  • 9112i, 9133i, 480i and 480iCT in 1.4.3 (for these phones, auto-discovery works only with the mDNSResponder package not with avahi).
  • 6751i in 2.6.0 (no longer supported in the 3,x firmware)
  • 6730i/6731i/6753i/6755i/6757i/6757iCT/9143i/9480i/9480iCT in 2.6.0 or 3.2.1
  • 6739i in 3.2.1
  • Asterisk 1.4, 1.6 or 1.8
  • freePBX 2.6, 2.7, 2.8 or 2.9
The optimum configuration combination to get all the features is with:
  • Asterisk 1.6 (the scripts have not been fully tested with Asterisk 1.8)
  • freePBX 2.8 or 2.9
Main Changes
  • Support for phone firmware up to 3.2.1
  • Support for Asterisk 1.8 assuming same Manager API as 1.6
  • Support for freePBX 2.9 with feature equivalence to 2.8
  • Bug fixes
    • Fixed ACD queues application for 480i
    • Fixed ACD agent application for 480i was limited to 15 queues
    • Fixed Meetme application triggered when paging
    • Fixed “Cannot display” on outgoing calls when presence is not enabled
    • Fixed font directory for Picture CallerID on the 6739i
  • Enhancements
    • Stock quote application has better 6739i implementation
    • Added a “Reverse” button to Currency converter application
    • Optimized apps for the 6739i including icons
    • CSV directory can now display the whole content of the directory
    • Parking broadcast can now be disabled
    • No more “You are already using this extension” in the startup sequence
More details in the documentation which is available here.

Phone packages

The scripts can be installed with 2 provided firmware packages:
  • aastra-ipphone-2.6.0-3 which includes
    • 1.4.3 for 9112i/9133i/480i/480iCT
    • 2.6.0-2019 for 6730i/6731i/6751i/6753i/6755i/6757i/6757iCT and 9143i/9480i/9480iCT
    • 3.2.1-43 for 6739i
  • aastra-ipphone-3.2.1-1 which includes
    • 1.4.3 for 9112i/9133i/480i/480iCT
    • 2.6.0-2019 for 6751i
    • 3.2.1-43 for all the other phones
Installation from previous versions (2.2.0, 2.2.1, 2.3.0) or from any 2.3.1 beta
The new scripts have different package dependencies compared to the previous versions:
  • Remove the previous version of the scripts (if previously installed)
  • Reboot the server to cleanup the "old" deamons
  • Download installation tool
  • Run installation tool
  • (Re)Create aastra.cfg
  • Check installation (new provided tool)
  • Migrate current users to the new version
As we are in beta mode, the rpm and all the extra files are not yet available from the PBX in a Flash Web site they are currently hosted on an Aastra Server.

You have the choice at the installation to install either aastra-ipphone-2.6.0-3 or aastra-ipphone-3.2.1-1.

So logged as root

Code:
# cd /tmp
# rpm -e aastra-xml-scripts
# reboot
# cd /tmp
# wget [URL]http://65.205.71.13/2.3.1/install-aastra-xml.x.gz[/URL]
# gunzip install-aastra-xml.x.gz
# chmod +x install-aastra-xml.x
# ./install-aastra-xml.x beta [B]2[/B] 2.6.0
or
# ./install-aastra-xml.x beta [B]2[/B] 3.2.1
# setup-aastra-xml
# /var/www/html/aastra/utilities/check_install
# /var/www/html/aastra/utilities/apply_prf –r ALL
For people using the freePBX device/user mode

Since 2.3.0, we have changed the way we perform the login/logout of a user in order to avoid to modify the agi script provided by freePBX, but when we tested the feature we discovered a bug in the AGI script which has been submitted to freePBX (thanks Philippe), therefore until the bug is fixed it is strongly recommended to download a modified version of the script (which is not part anymore of the aastra-xml-scripts RPM). The AGI file can be found here. It must be installed in /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin.

Software status
  • Beta 1 04/25/2011
  • Beta 2 05/10/2011
Beta main updates
  • Beta 2 Updated "check_install" tool
  • Beta 2 Fixed Visual Voice Mail not displaying the "Play" screen (demo-user.prf file update)
  • Beta 2 CSV directory now properly supports records without first/last name but just a company name
  • Beta 2 Added configuration parameter in asterisk.conf to disable the automatic launch of the XML script when joining a meet-me conference
Bug Reporting
As usual, please use this forum to report bugs or some (simple) enhancements you would like to see. When you report a problem please make sure that you provide:
  • Phone model
  • Asterisk exact version
  • freePBX version (framework)
  • freePBX mode ('extensions' or 'deviceanduser')
  • USEDEVSTATE is activated or not in /etc/amportal.conf
Let us know if you have issues during the upgrade process as we did not try all the possible configurations.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

aastra1

sinderlied

Reaction score
I will be testing these shortly and will report my results. Thanks Aastra!

psetti1

Reaction score
I've been running them all day and they seem good - haven't had any problems yet. The only thing that was off was trivial - in the check_install utility where it checks to see if you have USEDEVSTATE=true in amportal.conf, it's checking to see if you're running asterisk 1.6. I have that setting in amportal.conf but I'm running 1.8, so " if($AA_ASTERISK_VERSION=='1.6')" needs to be changed.

As an aside, i'm running FreePBX 2.9, asterisk 1.8.3.3 and the 3.2.1-1 firmwre for the 57i and BLF isn't working for me. I should probably create a new thread but I figured you'd see my post here. :smile5:

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for this feedback

I've been running them all day and they seem good - haven't had any problems yet. The only thing that was off was trivial - in the check_install utility where it checks to see if you have USEDEVSTATE=true in amportal.conf, it's checking to see if you're running asterisk 1.6. I have that setting in amportal.conf but I'm running 1.8, so " if($AA_ASTERISK_VERSION=='1.6')" needs to be changed.

As an aside, i'm running FreePBX 2.9, asterisk 1.8.3.3 and the 3.2.1-1 firmwre for the 57i and BLF isn't working for me. I should probably create a new thread but I figured you'd see my post here. :smile5:

Thanks for this speedy feedback, you are right we forgot to update the "check_install" script, it will be done for the next beta.
On the BLF side, what are the issues with the BLF, is that not working at all? Would you try to downgrade one of your phone to 2.6.0 and see if it makes a difference? That would help. We are building a new machine with your configuration to see what is going wrong.

Regards

aastra1

psetti1

Reaction score
Thanks for this speedy feedback, you are right we forgot to update the "check_install" script, it will be done for the next beta.
On the BLF side, what are the issues with the BLF, is that not working at all? Would you try to downgrade one of your phone to 2.6.0 and see if it makes a difference? That would help. We are building a new machine with your configuration to see what is going wrong.

Regards

aastra1

Sure, I can try but I'm not certain it's an endpoint related issue. I don't have any hints for any local extensions in my dialplan for some reason.

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
BLF issue?

Sure, I can try but I'm not certain it's an endpoint related issue. I don't have any hints for any local extensions in my dialplan for some reason.
Just installed a server with your configuration and did not see any problem with BLF, all the hints are perfectly set and the phone reacts as expected.

Let us know what you found.

aastra1

aabc

Reaction score
Phone model - Aastra 6730i
Asterisk exact version - 1.4.21.2
PBX in a Flash version - 1.2.9 released on Date 042310
freePBX version (framework) - 2.6.0.5
freePBX mode - deviceanduser
USEDEVSTATE NOT activated

Device login works fine. User login works the first time. Logout does not work.
I am using http://65.205.71.13/2.3.1/user_login_out.agi

Any ideas?

Thanks.

aabc

Reaction score
Additional information.
Phone - 6730i Revision 0
Firmware - 3.2.1.43

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Phone model - Aastra 6730i
Asterisk exact version - 1.4.21.2
PBX in a Flash version - 1.2.9 released on Date 042310
freePBX version (framework) - 2.6.0.5
freePBX mode - deviceanduser
USEDEVSTATE NOT activated

Device login works fine. User login works the first time. Logout does not work.
I am using http://65.205.71.13/2.3.1/user_login_out.agi

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Just for clarification, 1.2.9 is not your PIAF version. That is the version of Status. To help Aastra1 better troubleshoot, they might need the full output of status.

:)

byersjus

Reaction score
MAC File Changes Not Taking Effect

Aastra1,

Thanks for the great script update. Everything seems to work well with PiAF Purple: Asterisk 1.8.2.2, FreePBX 2.8.1.4, 6757i Firmware 3.2.1.43, deviceanduser, usedevstate on.

I am, however, having one issue. Changes made to my mac files do not alter the phone's configuration. That is, I altered the softkey setup, but the prf config is still taking precedence.

My aastra.cfg and mac.cfg files are not in the default /tftpboot folder. I'm using an existing FTP server to distribute my configs to phones. This has worked fine in the past, but doesn't anymore.

I can actually see the configuration I want on the phone for a split-second and then it changes. I presume that is during the sync script operation.

I've altered my prf file so most phones are fine, but I have a couple that require a slightly different setup. Do I need those mac files in /tftpboot specifically, or am I missing something else?

Thanks

psetti1

Reaction score
My BLF issue had nothing to do w/ the Aastra scripts, I generated the hints manually and everything is working fine now. I haven't really run into anything that isn't working and we have a fairly large volume of calls here.

Nice work!

Socs28

Reaction score
Voicemail

I am having a problem that when I play a voicemail from the voicemail script, on the screen I am showing "vmail" in th middle and drop/conf/xfer on the buttons as though it is a regular call instead of the stop/delete/fwd/rwd that should be there.

jeremyb

Reaction score
I'm using csv_directory.php.
If a CSV entry only has a company name, not a first/last name when you add the entry to speed dial no name is copied over.
Expected behavior is for the company name to be copied over.

Also if you highlight an entry in speed dial and press clear, the returned screen shows all the Speed Dial numbers as cleared, if you exit and go back into speed dial all the entries remain except the cleared entry
Expected behavior is when the selected item is cleared all the remaining Speed Dial entries are shown.

I'm using the 2.3.1 beta script w/ a 6739i, and PIAF 1.7.5.6 Purple.

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
CSV directory

I'm using csv_directory.php.
If a CSV entry only has a company name, not a first/last name when you add the entry to speed dial no name is copied over.
Expected behavior is for the company name to be copied over.

Also if you highlight an entry in speed dial and press clear, the returned screen shows all the Speed Dial numbers as cleared, if you exit and go back into speed dial all the entries remain except the cleared entry
Expected behavior is when the selected item is cleared all the remaining Speed Dial entries are shown.

I'm using the 2.3.1 beta script w/ a 6739i, and PIAF 1.7.5.6 Purple.

Actually the application has been designed to have either a first name or a last name, I did not think about a generic record for just a company name.
This is pretty easy to fix, if no name then display the company name. Will make the change for beta 2.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards aastra 1

Entranced

Reaction score
Missing Firmware pacakage

I just tried to install the Aastra XML package as described in the first post and I'm getting following error:

Checking phone firmware package ... Installation needed
Downloading package ... FAILED

Looking in the aastra-install.log:

Installed:
php-ldap.i386 0:5.1.6-27.el5_5.3

Complete!
--2011-05-09 16:42:19-- http://pbxinaflash.net/source/aastra-xml-2.3.1/aastra-ipphone-2.6.0-3.noarch.rpm
Resolving pbxinaflash.net... 216.239.128.70
Connecting to pbxinaflash.net|216.239.128.70|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2011-05-09 16:42:20 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Looks like it could be a request for Ward to put the .rpm on line, or script adjusted to the correct location.

Thanks!

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
You firgot "beta" in the command line

I just tried to install the Aastra XML package as described in the first post and I'm getting following error:

Checking phone firmware package ... Installation needed
Downloading package ... FAILED

Looking in the aastra-install.log:

Installed:
php-ldap.i386 0:5.1.6-27.el5_5.3

Complete!
--2011-05-09 16:42:19-- http://pbxinaflash.net/source/aastra-xml-2.3.1/aastra-ipphone-2.6.0-3.noarch.rpm
Resolving pbxinaflash.net... 216.239.128.70
Connecting to pbxinaflash.net|216.239.128.70|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2011-05-09 16:42:20 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Looks like it could be a request for Ward to put the .rpm on line, or script adjusted to the correct location.

Thanks!

The packages are not yet hosted by PIAF therefore you must use the following command line after downloading the install script.
./install-aastra-xml beta 1 3.2.1
or
./install-aastra-xml beta 1 2.6.0

Then you will get your packages.

Regards

aastra1

Entranced

Reaction score
Duh!

Thanks for quick response!
I've installed those scripts many times and didn't realize that there was BETA in the CLI.

This time I got it installed successfully.

Thanks!

mag

Guru
Reaction score
Voicemail playback missing controls

I'm seeing the same issue as Soc28 - in the visual voicemail, the controls are missing when you go and play a message back.

Aastra 6755i

aastra1

Aastra Guru
Reaction score
Visual VM issues

I'm seeing the same issue as Soc28 - in the visual voicemail, the controls are missing when you go and play a message back.

Aastra 6755i

Looks like I forgot to change demo-user.prf for certain phone models in order to handle the "new" way to display the visual VM controls. The faulty parameter is action uri outgoing.

It should be
Code:
action uri outgoing:http://$$AA_XML_SERVER_AA$$/$$AA_XMLDIRECTORY_AA$$/asterisk/outgoing.php?number=$$REMOTENUMBER$$[B][COLOR=Red]&user=$$SIPUSERNAME$$[/COLOR][/B]

for the phones other than 9112i, 9133i, 480i and 480i CT as they work differently.

To validate this fix, please make the change in the MAC.cfg of a faulty phone and then reboot the phone to load the new configuration. This should work. Let me know if not.

The updated demo-user.prf will be in beta 2 ASAP.

Regards

aastra1

gregc

Guru
Reaction score
I am running freepbx 2.6 and asterisk 1.4 (piaf silver). Will these scripts still work appropriately?

I am currently running the 2.3.0 scripts which work well but having issues with day/night pushing to other phones. Would like to upgrade to 2.3.1 to see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks!

-Greg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.