FOOD FOR THOUGHT Aastra Mitel Merger

Stewart

Guru
Reaction score
I looked around for threads about this but didn't see any. Any thoughts on the merger of Mitel acquiring Aastra? Will they keep up the tradition of releasing new firmware that fixes random things and breaks useful things? Will they begin supporting scripting again? Will they axe the whole 67xx line?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
They announced the end of the 675xi line on Wednesday . . .

They'll just fold it all in to the Mitel line over time I suspect.

Stewart

Guru
Reaction score
I know the 57i has been replaced with the 37i. I wonder if we should just move away from Aastra at this point. We've tried Yealink but the test phones just haven't been stable for us.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Notification Date: October 2014
Products: 675xi SIP Phones
Markets: North America

Mitel is announcing the discontinuance of all variants of the Aastra 675xi SIP phones. Mitel will retain limited inventory to cover warranty obligations and make available on a first come first serve basis any remaining inventory.

ALTERNATE PRODUCT OPTIONS
Mitel is pleased to offer our newly released 68xxi series of SIP phones as alternatives to the discontinued 675xi models. The 68xxi series offers significant improvements over its discontinued peers, including enriched functionality, superior audio quality, and enhanced color LCD display – all at competitive prices.

Alternatively, for clients who wish to stay within the 67xxi family for similar form factor or certification purposes, the 673xi series offers suitable substitutions as well.
Please use the chart below for assistance with determining which Mitel SIP phone would be an appropriate alternative to the discontinued 675xi models.

I have never been a Mitel fan, so not sure what I will be doing -- Maybe Ubiquiti phones will prove the solution --

==============================

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
Its business as usualy. The merger was well over 6 months ago. I was up in Ottawa last month for 2 days with Mitel including their VP and I can reassure you its the direct opposite of what is being stated here. Mitel/Aastra are committed to the SIP phones and the new 68XX line which was built before the merger and you will see Mitel PBXs moving onto the 68XX phones not the other way around.

Reaction score
Biggest problem for us that like the integrated DECT portables is that there is no real replacement for the 6757CT or even the9480CT

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Although it won't match the range of the dect phone they are releasing a desk phone with a cordless bluetooth handset.

gary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.