1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you had a PIAF Forum account in the vBulletin days, log in with your old credentials. Otherwise, sign up again and we'll get you back in business as soon as we can.
  3. A serious FreePBX vulnerability has been reported. Update your Framework Module immediately. Click here for details.
  4. Critical FreePBX vulnerability! Update your server immediately. Details here.

Aastra missed calls list

Discussion in 'Endpoints' started by ben, Jul 23, 2008.

1. ben New Member

Hi,

I'm sure I've seen this question addressed on the forum before, but can't find it...

When calls come through to our Aastra 51i and 57i phones, the Missed Calls count on the screen is incremented even if the calls are answered. Surely this should only happen if the call is not answered?

Short of switching off missed calls display entirely (in aastra.cfg) does anyone have any idea how I can get this feature to work as one would expect?

Thanks!
    Ben
  2. jroper Guru

This was covered a day or so ago on the forums.

The missed calls is generated by the phone, not the PBX, so when say 2 phones in a ring group ring at the same time, and one picks up, the phone that was not answered records a missed call, because as far as it is concerned, that's what's happened.

Personally, I turn off the missed calls and never mention it.

Joe
  3. ben New Member

Despite searching I can't find that article!

I've narrowed down the problem though - it happens if someone does an attended transfer to another extension, but then hangs up before the recipient answers the call. Technically the internal call was missed...

The solution is simple: use blind transfer :)
  4. jroper Guru

5. Disable Missed Calls

Add the following code to your aastra.cfg file

Code:
    missed calls indicator disabled: 1
  6. TomS Guru

Tip

Thanks for the tip.
    The missed calls indicator is off and I like it.
    TomS