TRY THIS Aastra 6755i/6757i config issue

Mitchell

Reaction score
I'm hoping you all can help. I have several Aastra phones, 6755i and 6757i phones that I'm trying to connect to my system from outside the LAN. I can get one way audio to the phone, but not back to the PBX. I even have one phone that registers; but get's no audio at all in either direction. I've forwarded all the ports seen in the threads; but to no avail. I have recently noticed a setting in my phone's network settings page labeled NAT SIP Port, and NAT RTP Port. Do you know if these are ports that I'd need to also forward to my PIAF-Green server?
BTW, the port numbers on the phone that are listed are: 51620 and 51720 respectively.

Any help you all can lend would be greatly appreciated.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try editing the firewall settings and change the 20000 entry to 55000:
Code:
sed -i 's|20000|55000|' /etc/sysconfig/iptables
iptables-restart
If that doesn't fix it, change the RTP Port Ranges in Settings->Advanced Settings to 10000 and 55000 using FreePBX.

Mitchell

Reaction score
I found out there was an issue with the SIP_NAT.conf file on my box. I found another posting online, in another forum through FreePBX, and got this helping:

per FreePBX guide here, I edited asterisk's sip_nat.conf to contain the following lines
externhost=xxx.pointclark.net
externrefresh=120
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

I used my connections public IP, that doesn't change - That is what solved my issues.

Thanks all, and I hope it helps others.

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.