TRY THIS Aastra 57iCT and End point manager

Norskman123

Reaction score
I wanted to reset my Astra back to defaults.
I hit 1 and the pound key.
Reloaded the firmware and after rebooting still holds the config.

I can't seem to shake off the config - it did reload the new firmware though.

SOmehow i guess the phone is reloading its config from the PIAF server - I just don't know where that cfg is held.

Can anyone help?

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
1. remove the extension.context (ex. 701.context) file locate in
/var/cache/aastra

2. Then delete the extension information that is located in (in my case for extension 701) I would remove all of the following lines.
/var/cache/aastra/startup_asterisk.cfg

[701]
model=Aastra6739i
mac=00085B15D62C
firmware=3.0.1.2015-SIP
ip=192.168.1.102
module=,,
language=en
rp=
time=1393592282

3. Then remove the mac config file (in my case it is 00085B15D62C.cfg) for the mac address of the phone you want to reset your config for. These are located in /tftpboot

4. Finally reboot your Aastra phone and it will ask you for your new login credentials.

Norskman123

Reaction score
There is no directory /var/cache/aastra - so I cannot action the rest of the commands.

Many thanks for your response though. I thought there must be some cfg somewhere. I just cant find it.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Realizing now your post states end point manager, you are not using Aastra scripts are you?

Norskman123

Reaction score
no - I am using the commercial EPM. However, I fixed the problem - you must also set each phone to look for the t*f*t*p server. Once I did that it picked up the config from the PIAF server and programmed all the phones.

Quite easy to use actually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.