TIPS Aastra 57i, scripts, and directory source?

rchalk

Reaction score
When the Aastra phones are set up using the Aastra scripts, under the button "Services" there is a selection for Directory. However, this list on my system is incomplete, and I do not know how it is derived, so I don't know how to correct the problem.

I would like to be able to actually edit this list. Can anyone tell me where it is stored, or how to update the list?

Thanks,
Richard

rchalk

Reaction score
There is a file called contacts.txt, but it was installed with PBXIAF, and contains a zillion names and contact info, but this is not what shows up on the phone. It seems to me that the actual list must come from the database, since it "should" update automatically whenever a change is made, like adding a new extension, or changing a user name, etc. This is what I am looking for...

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
rchalk

I don't believe this is an actual script function. As I don't use the scripts, here's some details on how we populate the Directory on our phones. Take it for what it's worth...

You can add the entries for the Directory using *.CSV (comma-separated values) file and loading them from aastra.cfg. I'm going to make the assumption you're using t*f*t*p to load the phone's global configuration. First, add the following options to the aastra.cfg file:

Code:
# Directory Configuration Information - these files are located in /tftpboot
directory 1: internalAddressBook.csv
directory 2: externalAddressBook.csv

Directory supports two options - directory1 and directory2. Where I work, we split this into an internal and external set up of entries. The format of these *.CSV files is such.
Code:
Aaron Smith, 120, 1, FW
Bobby Brown, 121, 1, SA
Brian Smith, 122, 1, FW
Candy Thomas, 123, 1, FW
Chris Baker, 124, 1, LW

Where the first field is the name, second field is the extension/phone number, the third field is the line number on the phone to use, and the fourth field is (if I remember correctly) a comment. I use the fourth field for site identification. Populate internalAddressBook.csv and externalAddressBook.csv accordingly and place them in /tftpboot. Since this is t*f*t*p, make sure the permissions are set world-readable.

Once everything has been set-up, you should be able to reboot the phone and have the Directory button populated. Any changes you make to either file will only show up in the Directory after a reboot. You can find details on how to set this up in the Administrator's guide for the phones.

rchalk

Reaction score
Well, I had a look at this, and tried the changes, but it did not work. I suspect this is a script function when the scripts are used, and when I look in var/www/html/aastra/asterisk I see a group of .php files, called directory.php, directory1.php, etc. I don't know much about these, but it would appear that they are supposed to extract the directory data from "somewhere" and create an output to the phone.

I am hoping there is someone on here who is familiar with this, who can help me make it work correctly.

Thanks,
Richard

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Well, I had a look at this, and tried the changes, but it did not work. I suspect this is a script function when the scripts are used, and when I look in var/www/html/aastra/asterisk I see a group of .php files, called directory.php, directory1.php, etc. I don't know much about these, but it would appear that they are supposed to extract the directory data from "somewhere" and create an output to the phone.

I am hoping there is someone on here who is familiar with this, who can help me make it work correctly.

Thanks,
Richard
Did you ever find where these directory listings are beign pulled from? There are a ton of listings (30 pages) in there!

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Found the directory source file. It is in: /var/cache/aastra/contacts.txt. Now if I could find the speed dial file? You would think it would be in the same general area!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.