aastra 57i park button

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
A customer bought a new Aastra 57i and I can seem to get my Aastra 57i park button to work. Ive enabled the parking lot and installed the Aastra scripts, but the park button does nothing when pressed. Everything else seems to work(queues, VM display,etc).

I'm using FreePBX 2.5.1.5 and Asterisk 1.4.21.2.

Any suggestions?

lits_tech

Reaction score
Have you tried testing it by dialing the parking lot (70) direct? If this works, then take a look at the soft key configuration within the web interface of the 57i to see what it is set to.

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
I can transfer a call to the parking lot by doing xfer-70-xfer, but the park key does not work.

When the phone is not in use, pressing the parking key shows no calls parked. As it should.

Here is my softkey setup:

softkey5 type: xml
softkey5 label: Parking
softkey5 value: http://192.168.1.120:80/aastra/asterisk/park.php
softkey5 states: idle

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
My "Parking" button changes to a "Park" button when a call is placed or received. "Parking works, "Park" does not.

At this point, Im not sure which script is linked to the "Park" button.

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
Are you using aastra scripts ver. 2.2.1? I just checked the documentation for 2.2.1 (section 6.12 page 69) and it doesn't say anything there about using the script to park a call, only pickup and browse parked calls.

Lorne

There is a park.php script that is linked to the parking button.

What I can figure out is when the phone goes off hook, the button functions change and after dialing a number the functions change again.

Where are the settings for the buttons while the phone is off hook (dial, conf Xfer, cancel, drop, public, park....)?

TheSpegmaster

Reaction score
In my 55i, I can find it in the web browser under preferences "Park Call:"

The only thing I found in my config file was "sprecode: asterisk;70"

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
In my 55i, I can find it in the web browser under preferences "Park Call:"

The only thing I found in my config file was "sprecode: asterisk;70"

Thanks, I didn't see that under preferences. Mine (at home)is set to "asterisk;70". I'm not sure what my customer's is set to.

Also, Im thinking that the parking lot feature was not enabled when I install the Aastra scripts. This might have caused a problem when the script auto configured the phone.

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
TheSpegmaster thanks!

I was able to login and check My customer's config file and it setup like this:

"sprecode: asterisk;" with no parking lot number.

vcallaway

Guru
Reaction score
In the article The World's Best Asterisk Phone there are some clues.

This section provides some insight:
As noted elsewhere on Nerd Vittles, some SIP phones do not reliably support ## transfers so we have changed it to #. To do this, go to FreePBX Setup, Feature Codes and disable BOTH the ## Blind Xfer option and the # Directory option. Reload the dialplan when prompted. Then log into your server as root and issue the following commands:

echo blindxfer=# > /etc/asterisk/features_featuremap_custom.conf
chown asterisk:asterisk /etc/asterisk/features_featuremap_custom.conf
asterisk -rx "dialplan reload"

Although on my system I don't have blindxfer defined in any configuration files parking lots and transfers work on my 57i.

Hope this helps.

TheSpegmaster

Reaction score
TheSpegmaster thanks!

I was able to login and check My customer's config file and it setup like this:

"sprecode: asterisk;" with no parking lot number.

That happened to me when I provisioned the phones before I created the parking lot. I had to go back and fix all my config files. Glad to hear you are working! My pleasure!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.