SOLVED Aastra 480i help needed

kerravon

Reaction score
Hi does any one have a basic working config for this model phone?
All I want to do at the moment is get it to ring when someone calls my external number, and
secondly get it to ring if someone rings extension 1001 internally.

I have looked through loads of configs and cant find one that works. I did notice on the neds webpage
something about a command called aastra-setup has anyone used this would it do the job?

thanks for any help received.

regards
kerravon99

Reaction score
Are you configuring the phone via the web interface or via configuration files using a t*f*t*p server? You are describing three different provisioning actions in your email:

1. Provision the 1001 extension in Asterisk
  2. Get the 480i provisioned to use extension 1001.
  3. Configure an inbound route to send calls to extension 1001. You should know how to do that already.
By far the easiest way is to use the web interface. However, I personally use the config file method for easy changes down the road. I would suggest you make sure you have the latest firmware for your phone, as well as the latest manual.

The manual should help you provision the phone. One tip if you use config files: be sure to use the web interface to delete all local provisioning because it will override the config file and cause confusion. There is a button for that.

Given that items 1 and 3 are common to any phone you use, you should be able to figure those steps on your own.

kerravon

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. what do you mean by provision?
I have setup an extension 1001, my freespeech inbound route is set to snd calls to that extension.
I am still pretty new to this so sorry for the dumb questions. I setup an elmeg -1p290 from the gui and it works ok.
got offered this phone I.ve tired setting up from gui, the phone setup screen but nothing.
I have reams of printouts from the net but non seem to work. I haven tried the t*f*t*p setup yet
I need to backup the VM first.
regards
kerravon99:)

Reaction score
Provisioning is the general term used in service provider land to provide all the information required for a service to work. In this case, it simply means setting up your system.

So you already have another device provisioned as extension 1001 (a elmeg-ip290). You would need to turn that off to have the 480i register with your server.

Under system info, compare this table:
Hardware Information
Attribute Value
Platform 480i Revision 2

Firmware Information
Attribute Value
Firmware Version 1.4.3.1001
Firmware Release Code SIP
Boot Version 1.1.0.4
Date/Time Feb 13 2009 21:04:21

If the firmware version doesn't match, use the link I provided earlier to upgrade.

Next:
  1. Go into Network under Advanced Settings. Make sure info there is correct. For NTP server, enable and enter pool.ntp.org. Save settings. Don't restart yet.
  2. Click "Line 1" under Advanced Settings.
  3. Put '1001' in the Phone Number and Authentication Name fields.
  4. Put the sip password for this line in the Password field.
  5. Put your proxy IP or FQDN in the Proxy Server and Registrar Server fields.
  6. Put 5060 in the corresponding port fields.
  7. Save settings.
  8. Click "Reset" under Operation, then click "Restart" button.
You should also have an asterisk terminal window up: asterisk -rvvvvvv
From there you can see if what your phone does. It will either be successful, or fail (probably due to authentication). If you don't get any indication that the phone tried to register, recheck the Proxy/Registrar server entries.
Should do it.

kerravon

Reaction score
Thanks, I will try that, yes I have already removed the elmeg phone,
incoming sound quality not to good.
One more question I am running PIAF-green (32-bit Centos 6.4) with asterisk 11 and freepbx 2.11.
I have no proxy setup so do I leave the line blank or can I put the server address in.
Many thanks again for your help with this.
rgards
kerravon99

Reaction score
Put your server address there. It may not need it, but I haven't tried it. Make it work then remove the proxy and see if it continues to work.

kerravon

Reaction score
Thanks Troy,
all working fine now, when I get time I shall have a look at call transfer functions etc.
but for now I'm happy it works.
Thanks once again for all your help.
regards
kerravon99:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegodoyr
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.