BUG 411 to be used by unknown application?

l4cky

Reaction score
Whenever I follow the tutorial for 411, it doesn't work on IncrediblePBX 12.
freepbx.org/support/documentation/howtos/howto-free-directory-assistance-in-the-usa

I even disable the 411 in feature codes "Phonebook dial-by-name directory"

On 1 computer demo test, when pressing 411, it keeps saying "At the beep say the name of the person or the company you wish to call then press the pound key".

On my real server computer, when pressing 411, it does nothing but hangs up.
Code:
[2015-04-02 01:42:24] WARNING[2602] res_pjsip_pubsub.c: No registered subscribe handler for event call-info
[2015-04-02 01:42:33] WARNING[6648][C-0000002e] pbx.c: No application 'Flite' for extension (from-internal, 411, 6)

What is weird is the my test computer, I used the backup created by my real computer, and somehow, results are not even the same.

However, the problem is still impossible to solve via both Incrediblepbx installations:

1- It looks like 411 is used by an "extension" or something, and whenever 411 is dial, it will never reach an outgoing call. that extension is unknown.. So can't delete, or even edit it.
2- Can't add an extension of 411.
3- Ackward: switching 411 feature code from "Phonebook dial-by-name directory" to 413 (for ex) works: however, it says "Welcome to the phonebook, please enter the first 3 letters of the entry you're looking for". Without doing this and leaving 411 as default, that message wouldn't even be heard as this message = "At the beep say the name of the person or the company you wish to call then press the pound key" takes over (or seems to override everything).

=======================================================================

In summary:

- There is no information about how to override 411 dialing in incrediblePBX12.
- Unable to find out what is currently using that 411 dialing
- Unable to map 411 to link a toll free outgoing call; looks like 411 is dedicated to be for internal use only.

Interesting note: When followed the instructions from first link and write another dial code (311 instead of 411 for example), everything works.

sko001

Reaction score
Did you check in extensions_custom.conf whether the extension is assigned there?

l4cky

Reaction score
Did you check in extensions_custom.conf whether the extension is assigned there?

yep! you're right, something is assigned at 411, but can't seem to find in the interface. I modified the 411 to 4111. Very good! Thanks

synack

Guru
Reaction score
Admin-> custom extensions -> call by name., well that's where it is in 11... I assume similar for 12.

l4cky

Reaction score
Admin-> custom extensions -> call by name., well that's where it is in 11... I assume similar for 12.

can't see anything in custom extensions, however edit the extension_conf do show a lot of extensions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.