1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you had a PIAF Forum account in the vBulletin days, log in with your old credentials. Otherwise, sign up again and we'll get you back in business as soon as we can.
  3. A serious FreePBX vulnerability has been reported. Update your Framework Module immediately. Click here for details.

10GB Free in PogoPlug Cloud

Discussion in 'Today's Tech News & Events' started by wardmundy, Nov 15, 2011.

1. wardmundy Nerd Uno

For the next 37 hours, you can get 10GB of free storage in the PogoPlug Cloud for life just by signing up through this C|Net Link.

[IMG]
  2. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Will We Never Learn: You Get What You Pay For...

[IMG]

Silver Lining: if you upload data at this rate for three weeks straight, you'll still have free storage space remaining. :yikes:
  3. lgaetz Pundit

1993 called and wants its dial-up back.
  4. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Actually, the desktop software seems to work. Still slow but looks like it has some hope of at least finishing. 670MB looks like 90 minutes to upload. That's about the same performance as SourceForge. Then we'll get to see how the download speeds are. :driving:
  5. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Wow!

Spoke too soon. Downloads are amazing averaging 1MB/second which means about 10 minutes to grab our latest ISOs. You can try grabbing the latest PIAF 1.7.5.7.2 for yourself. 64-bit ISO is available now. 32-bit should be ready in a couple hours.

Here's the download link.

[IMG]
  6. rg00dman Guru

Thanks for the link I have signed up in the hope the speed will increase add this to my 50GB at Box.net thanks to my Firesale touchpad few more years and I will have a terabyte on the "cloud"
  7. wardmundy Nerd Uno

It's now or never. You have nothing to lose!
  8. myitguy Guru

Clicked on the link and I get 52 hours and 48 minutes remaining :rolleyes:

BTW, if PiaF needs some space/bandwidth for the ISO's, feel free to PM me!
  9. Ward thanks for the link, even though I have a pogoplug at home I wasn't aware the cloud option was even available... of course 10 free GB for life is good, except when you throw Moore's Law into the mix.
  10. wardmundy Nerd Uno

Still available apparently.