FYI Reminders App with GoogleTTS?

rcoates

Reaction score
I see that Cepstral is no longer used. Has the Reminders application been updated to use Google TTS?

If not, what would I have to do to use Google TTS with the reminders app?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
rcoates: There's a problem using an AGI app (GoogleTTS) from within an AGI app (Reminders) so there currently is no GoogleTTS support in the Reminders application. Sorry.

rcoates

Reaction score
If Cepstral is no longer a viable option, and GoogleTTS is not an option -- is Flite still an option? I'm looking for an automatic way to keep my K7.net number active, which requires at least one call or fax per month. There are other services that require a fax weekly. I'm running PIAF 2.0 Purple

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Why would Cepstral no longer be an option?

rcoates

Reaction score
Cepstral apparently now requires a licensing fee of $200 to put the software on a Linux server.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Cepstral apparently now requires a licensing fee of $200 to put the software on a Linux server.

Actually, that's only if you wish to store recordings that you've created with Cepstral. If you use it interactively, there is no $200 additional fee.

rcoates

Reaction score
Even using it interactively would require "saving" the file to be played by the next step in the script, would it not? I thought your whole complaint with Cepstral was because of the licensing fee. Cepstral with the "Allison" voice would probably sound a lot better than the voice with Flite.

rcoates

Reaction score
Is there any concurrency limit -- meaning can I have multiple channels using the Cepstral engine at once, without a licensing issue?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
1 channel at a time. Yet another reason to stick with Igor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.