NEWS FLASH OBi1032 IP Phone Released

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
This one doesn't appear to be vaporware - actually for sale on Amazon.
Forgive me, I'm thinking of the Ubiquiti vaporware. Apologies to Obi. :)
iJRGX4g.jpg

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
They also have a 1064 and a expansion module. All of them are added to the commercial EPM already.

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
I think the price is a little high in light of the current competition and the phones that are available with the same features (albeit no GV) for $40 to $70 less. The Grandstream GXP2140 and GXP2160 come to mind right away. In fact, when I first saw a picture of the Obi phones I thought that GS had OEM'ed them but I read somewhere else they did not.

In a cost vs features analysis, is this impression correct or am I off base?

billsimon

Reaction score
So they're still advertising that their products connect to Google Voice?

Jay Deal

Reaction score
Yep, in fact from what I read at the Obihai forum, GV is now an "approved provider". And provisioning GV through the Obihai portal requires you now to upgrade your firmware. Not sure how it works or what impact it will have on non web portal provisioned Obi's but that is my understanding.

Also, there is a demo-simulator for the new Obi phones provisioning local web page here: http://www.obihai.com/uidemos/obiphone/i . This gives you a pretty good idea of what it's all about at least from the software side.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
With ObiTalk and OBi WiFi adapter, it provides an ideal zero-config worldwide traveling phone that can make and receive calls through your PBX at home or at the office assuming you have an OBi100 or OBi110 at home base. :idea:

phoneguy

Guru
Reaction score
We will be offering them in our store shortly once they start shipping and our price in the store will be 170.00 of the obi1032 and 200.00 for the obi1062.

We are also working close with obi to get full API support in their phones done over the next couple months so we can build out all the Phone Apps onto their phones.

billsimon

Reaction score
Yep, in fact from what I read at the Obihai forum, GV is now an "approved provider". And provisioning GV through the Obihai portal requires you now to upgrade your firmware. Not sure how it works or what impact it will have on non web portal provisioned Obi's but that is my understanding.

If so then my opinion of Obihai has just dropped through the basement. What a craptastic company of charlatans. "OMG GOOGLE VOICE INTEGRATION IS GOING AWAY" setting many of us gullible folks off to actually believe that they had inside knowledge about Google Voice and Google's overall intentions. What exactly could this new GV integration be? Hangouts??

Something smells. :001 9898:

Jay Deal

Reaction score
For all we know, Google owns Obihai. Or Nest does.

Regardless, it wasn't Obihai who started the whole mysticism about the XMPP cutoff. That was entities of Google who did that. And who is Obihai to risk retaliatory action from Google if they didn't tip toe through the landmine field that they thought they were in.

They are still here and as a result of the whole thing a few people got more business (although that may be short lived) and it will all probably be forgotten within a year.

Jay Deal

Reaction score
As I noted above, here is a section of a screen print from a few minutes ago inside the Obihai web portal showing GV as an "Approved Service Provider".

GV OASP SP.jpg

james

Guru
Reaction score
I got to sit down and talk with the OBI guy's at FreePBX world last week. They are doing some pretty cool stuff. Didn't talk to them about GV but did chat about their roadmap a bit. They are a company to watch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.