PIONEERS Living the Ubuntu Dream

zhando

Guru
Reaction score
zhando: Once you get it working, please share the script/image. Would love to try it and publish it on Nerd Vittles. Thanks.

Would this build also work with CuBox-i4Pro??

Hi Ward. After a little bit of thought - an image is the way to go. Like incrediblepi. I'll see what I can do.

Cubox-i4Pro is not a problem. What I've been doing is perfectly fine for that.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
zhando: Our unit should be here Thursday. :)

Not to insult you in any way, but if you didn't know...

These commands should work using a machine other than the one on which the image was running:
Code:
fdisk -l  #find the microSD device in the list and insert below instead of somedevice
dd bs=1m if=/dev/somedevice of=ubuntu14-incrediblepi-08-12-2014.img
sync
tar -cf ubuntu14-incrediblepi.tar ubuntu14-incrediblepi-08-12-2014.img
gzip ubuntu14-incrediblepi.tar

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
So I just ran into something strange today. At my day job I had our VM admin spin up an Ubuntu server VM on ESX and turn it over immediately to me. Everything seems to run and compile fine, but I just get a blank page for the web GUI. Is there something different that needs to be done on ESX? I never had this problem running it in Parallels or Fusion directly on my Mac. I did see that the standard Apache2 index.html file was present where it is not on all my other installs.

At first I just went to servername I would get the standard welcome to Apache page.

Then I would go to servername/admin/config.php and it was blank.

I then removed index.html from /var/www/html and when I go to servername it redirects to servername/admin/config.php like it should, but again, just a blank page.

zhando

Guru
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Thin-skinned? Moi?

Thanks for the tip. My plan is to build up the image from scratch. Wouldn't want to give it to you any other way, besides I need to protect the innocent.
On the schedule for tomorrow..

How shall I deliver? I've never tried btsync. Are you game?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Thin-skinned? Moi?

Thanks for the tip. My plan is to build up the image from scratch. Wouldn't want to give it to you any other way, besides I need to protect the innocent.
On the schedule for tomorrow..

How shall I deliver? I've never tried btsync. Are you game?

I can build you an FTP upload site. I've sent you a message with your credentials.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Ok well.... so me being one that isn't able to just let a good install run without trying to always update it.... it seems that the latest Ubuntu kernel 3.13.0-34-generic breaks mysql.

It's happened on two of my droplets.

FATAL ERROR

DB Error: connect failed

Trace Back

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/db_connect.php:71 die_freepbx()
[0]: DB Error: connect failed

/var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:85 require_once()
[0]: /var/www/html/admin/libraries/db_connect.php

/etc/freepbx.conf:9 require_once()
[0]: /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php

/var/www/html/admin/config.php:99 include_once()
[0]: /etc/freepbx.conf

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
FYI. I destroyed the droplet and did a brand new fresh install and it's working fine with the latest kernel. One strange thing though. I ran /root/incrediblebackup and it appeared to complete just fine, but there was no file in /tmp. thankfully I have daily updates from the built-in module that I could use, even if they aren't as completely awesome as the IB file :cool:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Alpha Production release of Incredible PBX for CuBox-i platform now available on SourceForge.

Nerd Vittles tutorial here. Message thread and purchase deals here.

BvRJxypIgAMNIRq.jpg:large

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
I have been getting the SQL error again for the last few days.

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error: error running shared postrotate script for '/var/log/mysql.log /var/log/mysql/mysql.log /var/log/mysql/mysql-slow.log /var/log/mysql/error.log '
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
root@PBX:~# mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf ping
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'

This is only happening on the Foxconn box. The DO one still says mysqld is alive.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
root@PBX:~# mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf ping
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'

This is only happening on the Foxconn box. The DO one still says mysqld is alive.

Is that the box where we used the plain text password??

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Nope, it's hashed. When I compare the users from my Foxconn box and the DO droplet, all the other passwords appear to be the same exact hash on each box respectfully except the debian-sys-maint.

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Ok so I think I have an idea as to what happened. I was able to replicate this several times on two different droplets. If I use incredible backup and restore I get the lines below at the end of the restore. I verified SQL was "alive" on both the source and target machines. I then backed up one machine, put that file on the new machine and ran restore to which I see the below. I went back to the source machine and SQL is still "alive" so something happened in the backup/restore. This does not happen if I use the backup and restore module.

* Starting MySQL database server mysqld [ OK ]
* Checking for tables which need an upgrade, are corrupt or were
not closed cleanly.
* Restarting web server apache2 ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'debian-sys-maint'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.