TRY THIS Google Voice trunk won't connect

joeg

Reaction score
Just spun up a new PiaF on a Proxmox VM. Everything worked perfectly until I couldn't get a connection to Google Voice.

PiaF = 2.0.6.4
Running Asterisk Version=11.4.0
FreePBX = 2.11.0.9
Incredible Version = 11.4

Set up my first extension flawlessly. Set up Google Voice Trunk #1 to go straight to that extension. Absolutely no problems. Made a call to Google Voice Trunk #1 and it routes directly to the extension. Google Voice Trunk #1 in Connected status with a big fat green box. Full Joy.

Configured Google Voice Trunk #2. Set up Inbound Route to Extension #2. Google Voice Trunk #2 stays in Disconnected status with big fat red box. No Joy.

Went over Google Voice settings for both GV Trunk #1 and GV Trunk #2. They are identical, except of course for the Google Chat address. Checked and re-checked the login and password for GV Trunk #2. Still in disconnect status.

Very frustrating - Google Voice is the one thing that always just worked. Any suggestions much appreciated.

joeg

Reaction score
Additional note: Added another Google Voice trunk and it works perfectly. Trunk #2 still will not connect. Have re-checked the password and telephone number about 36 times.

Is it possible that Google Talk is detecting that it's receiving a connection request from an unusual IP address and rejecting it?

It happens that I opened Port 5222 on my pfsense router and it still doesn't work. Again, any suggestions appreciated.

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
from my Experience [ 7 Months (lol) ] i have seen that Open VZ & Proxomox is not the best for PBX unless you have GOOD CPU, INTERNET, HARD DRIVE and Super Fast Connection Speed from A to B!

if you want Good Results i have seen time & well time again wtih out any EPIC FAILS, to the point just use a Dedicated Desktop with 4GB RAM, Fast Internet, and Run Windows 7 Home, with VIRTUAL MACHINE & the Newest Version!
it just works!
PS. after Each Google Voice setup on PBX you must Restart the PBX before Test Call and Before you add another Google Voice account, it helps LOCK the settings and not confuse the jab, so i hope my advice helps!
i love to Test PBX IN A FLASH on PROX, OPEN VZ, VM and try new tests to see, i has not done any ISO yet, but so far ( VM ) is the best!

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
one of the possibilities is that you have another device with the account open - a cell phone, web browser, etc. You need to exit ALL other connection points for the Google account to work correctly. The fact that other #s work indicates it is a problem with that particular # rather than the system or your setup.

Andrew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.