GO HERE OBi110 as FXO on RSPi, no outbound calls

rvgregoryz

Reaction score
Hello All,

Forgive me for not knowing what info I should be posting to get help, but here it goes.

First, the question is; "Is my problem on the PBX side or the OBi110 side?"

Now, here are the facts:

I have a trunk setup to use my OBi110. per the instructions here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=1157.0

I'm getting inbound calls, (Obi setup as PBX extention (SP1)) but I can't get any calls to go out when directly dialed through the PBX.

The FreePBX System Status Report shows that the IP Trunk is Online.

When I make a call from the attached phone, I hear the digits. Then it goes silent for about 59 seconds. Then I hear the msg. "The number you dialed ... Has not received a response from the Service Provider"

On the OBi110 side, the "Call Status" shows:
Number of Active Calls: 1
Call 1 Terminal 1 Terminal 2
Terminal ID PHONE1 SP1
State trying calling
Peer Name
Peer Number 13162043291 13162043291
Start Time 10:43:57 10:43:57
Duration 00:00:12 00:00:12
Direction Outbound Outbound
Peer RTP Address 0.0.0.0:0
Local RTP Address 192.168.1.138:16600
RTP Transport UDP
Audio Codec tx=; rx=
RTP Packetization (ms) tx=0; rx=0
RTP Packet Count tx=0; rx=0
RTP Byte Count tx=0; rx=0
Peer Clock Differential Rate
Packets In Jitter Buffer
Packets Out-Of-Order
Packets (10ms) Interpolated
Packets Late (Dropped)
Packets Lost
Packet Loss Rate
Packet Drop Rate
Jitter Buffer Length
Received Interarrival Jitter
DTMF Digits Received
Jitter Buffer Underruns
Jitter Buffer Overruns
Sequence number discontinuities
skew compensation
send silence

The Phone and Line Port Status Page shows that the Line Port never goes Off Hook. Line Port voltage never changes. I think this is where the trouble is. But I'm lost on it.

If I make a call, from the attached phone, and dial the **8 then the number, the call goes through. But, there is a 8 sec. delay before it starts to ring out. ( I'll work on that later )

I've checked, and re-checked. I've reset the OBi and again followed the setup instructions above.

I get the same problem.

Here is my Trunk Setup. (sorry I don't know how to make the screens into a .jpg)

Outgoing Settings
Trunk Name?:
PEER Details?:
username=OBITRUNK1 secret=FXOPASSWORD host=dynamic type=friend context=from-trunk qualify=yes dtmfmode=rfc2833 canreinvite=no disallow=all allow=ulaw

Mango

www.toao.net
Reaction score
It looks like PIAF is correctly routing the call to the OBi, but the OBi's dial plan is not routing the call to its FXO port. I see that this thread was started a week ago. Are you still having the problem? If you haven't yet solved it, reply back and let me know, and I'll answer in more detail.

When you reply, please include your SP1 Service X_InboundCallRoute and your LINE Port DigitMap.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
Just to clarify, and to ensure that you approaching your configuration from the right perspective, it is important that *we fully understand the terminology, or this can go off the rails very quickly.

First, the 110 version of Obi has two completely distinct ports, that being an FXS and an FXO. The FXS port is where you plug in a telephone set, and that portion of the device is configured as an extension to the PBX. For making and receiving SIP calls, that is all you need to worry about. You state that you CAN receive SIP calls, and that the trunk is registered. That is already a great start, so this would prove that you are "connected" with your service provider. If you cannot place calls outbound, then let's see what you have configured for an Outbound Route. It looks like you don't have one, or it is not properly configured.

The FXO port is for connecting to a telephone LINE (POTS), so that you can send and/or receive traditional land line calls. If you are not connecting to a regular phone line, then you don't need anything plugged into the LINE port. Totally optional, at this point. If you are NOT plugged into a phone line, then this is why you don't show any voltages on the status page for the LINE port.

So, you need to explain a few more details, and how you are attempting to place your outbound calls,,, SIP, or POTS (PSTN, or land line). Plus, what is in your Outbound Route???

Later...

rvgregoryz

Reaction score
Thank you Both for the reply.

I am still fighting this. :2guns:

Mango; the SP1 Service X_InboundCallRoute is: ph
The LINE Port DigitMap is the default for the OBi, and is: (xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

MGD4me; I'm good on the terminology. I will admit though, that when I first started working on this, I wasn't sure about the diff. between the FXO and FXS. researched it and have it figured out. Making sure we are all on the same page, is always a good place to start though. :)

Yes, my FXS is connected, and I am getting calls. (The only service I have is the POTS line.)
The calls come IN via POTS-FXO. Then to the PBX, and back to the extensions, FXS.

I'm out in the boonies now, and only have Dial-up service. SO, why am I working so hard on this, you ask. I am setting things up so that two houses and a shop can all have an extension, and be able to call out. Here, we have to dial the full 10 digits locally, and add a "1" for long distance calls. most all of the calls are still within the same area code, and you never really know if you have to dial a "1" or not. Really frustrating. So..... I am using the PBX to give us all voice mail, and use the outbound dial rule's Dial Pattern Wizard, to get all the local prefixes. So, we only have to worry about dialing the 7 digits.

With all of that said, I will only say that I'm still having the same issue. (mostly) From an extension that I have setup using an OBi200, with an old analog phone, seem to go through. But only after nearly a minute. The calls from my computer Soft Phone (3cx) fail, because it hangs up before the minute that it takes to connect. (POTS/FXO)

The phone/extension that is the Obi110, is still just giving me the digits, and then after a minute, says "No response from the Service Provider."

For now, because I've been fighting this so hard, my Outbound Route Dial Pattern is: X.
I only have the one Outbound Route. Since I've moved, the first of the month, I had to ditch my Sip providers. (Due to the Dial-up only service out here)

So to clarify, I am trying to dial from registered extensions out thru the FXO/POTS line.

When a call does fail, (OBi110 ext. & Softpone ext.) the calls don't even show up in the CDR report most of the time.

Most recently, just after the minute wait, calling from the OBi110, just as I was getting the msg. that the service wasn't avail., the number I was calling started to ring. (Using my Google Voice # that rings my Cell Phone.)

Ok, guys. Tooooo much info now???
What are your thoughts?
:willy nilly:

rvgregoryz

Reaction score
It looks like PIAF is correctly routing the call to the OBi, but the OBi's dial plan is not routing the call to its FXO port. I see that this thread was started a week ago. Are you still having the problem? If you haven't yet solved it, reply back and let me know, and I'll answer in more detail.

When you reply, please include your SP1 Service X_InboundCallRoute and your LINE Port DigitMap.
Just wanted to BUMP. In case you were not following the thread, but waiting for a replay instead. :)

Mango

www.toao.net
Reaction score
I did see this and I admit I am not entirely sure what the problem is. At first I misinterpreted your post and thought you had a configuration issue with your OBi, which I could have helped you with. Hopefully one of the PIAF experts here can give you better assistance than I can.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Take a look at this Nerd Vittles article and be sure you haven't missed a configuration step. Ma Bell lines work exactly like a NetTalk Duo so the setup will be the same.

rvgregoryz

Reaction score
Ward,

First, let me say "Thank You", for the reply.

Somehow, I didn't get notified when either Mango or You posted on this thread. I'll worry about that later. :)

Anyway, I logged in, and was going to BUMP my plea for help, when I found your reply.

I'm going to read, and follow the Nerd Vittles article, and I'll report back.

rvgregoryz

Reaction score
Hello All!

A few days have passed. I've been working on this off and on.

Status: I'm able to place calls from two of the extensions, the OBi110 and an Obi200. The Soft phone, (3cx) doesn't connect to the outbound route, it just rings. The System Status page shows all the calls are being made. (OBis & Soft Phone)

To test the Outbound Route, I assigned it a Route Password. On the two Obis, the system asks for that password. On the Soft phone, it does not.
This tells me that the Outbound Route is working.

However, it is still taking more then a minute to place the call out the trunk.

When making a call, I am watching the OBi110's Call Status page. After constantly refreshing the page, while the call is in progress, it seems that this is where the delay is.

The delay is between the outbound route, and the trunk. (Even though the soft phone isn't getting that far).
It is taking nearly a minute to show on the Obi's Status Page, that a call is being made. Once it shows up, the call goes out immediately.

Inbound Calls are working fine.

What more can I do to narrow this down?

rvgregoryz

Reaction score
Here is an update.

The reason the Soft phone wasn't asking for a PIN.... I think we all should have known that one. :) Sure enough, I had Pinless Dialing; Enabled.

However, as per the instructions Ward gave, in this link: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=8563, I'm still getting the long delay before any outbound call connects.

Looking at the Sip Info Report, I see that the line item with the information about the Outbound section of my trunk, is Host: (Unspecified, and that the Status is: UNKNOWN).

OBItrunk is; Unmonitored.

Name/username Host Dyn Forcerport Comedia ACL Port Status Description
5035551212 (Unspecified) D Yes Yes A 0 UNKNOWN
700/700 192.168.2.140 D Yes Yes A 5060 OK (118 ms)
711/711 192.168.2.138 D Yes Yes A 5060 OK (6 ms)
720/720 192.168.2.139 D Yes Yes A 5080 OK (7 ms)
OBItrunk/OBItrunk 192.168.2.138 D Yes Yes 5061 Unmonitored
5 sip peers [Monitored: 3 online, 1 offline Unmonitored: 1 online, 0 offline]

Is this suppose to be that way, and could this be part of the problem?

Are there any specific settings within FreePBX or the OBi110 that would be set to cause this delay? I'm doubting the OBi, because it was reset per Ward's Instructions.

Mango

www.toao.net
Reaction score
If you wish, you can set qualify=yes for that peer, so that it will no longer be unmonitored. That's probably not causing your problem, but won't hurt to experiment with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.